TSA Numbers

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16  56  106 
Page 6 of 261
Go to
Quote: 7-26: 27.8%
7-27: 27.4%
7-28: 26.5%

also, travel searches for various cities, to include Las Vegas, and Orlando, have declined substantially compared to the # of searches a few months ago. These are likely "leisure" searches as most large companies have agreements/contracts and travel officers for corporate travel. LINK: https://www.kayak.com/flight-trends
I was interested in your flight trends link - but it doesn't work for me. Maybe post a screen shot?
Quote: I was interested in your flight trends link - but it doesn't work for me. Maybe post a screen shot?
Attached...
Orlando.....
I don’t know if I can tell enough from the sample but it looks pretty evenly down regardless of destination searched.
https://gate-lice.net
Quote: https://gate-lice.net
I like what was done here. Care to add some 7 day moving average - or even 10-14?
We've hit a hiccup, but todays weekend numbers were level with a week or 2 ago... City riots, quarantines and partial closures exasperate the flattening trend.

Vaccine news, (atleast from some news sources), and Covid fatigue will help.

Predict they will start to close in on 800k next week. It'll be interesting to see the 2019 Sept. numbers. I assume they are significantly lower than the 2.7 million we see in Summer. That should help the % YoY. It's all about how close we can get to 2019 numbers by next spring/summer.
Quote: We've hit a hiccup, but todays weekend numbers were level with a week or 2 ago... City riots, quarantines and partial closures exasperate the flattening trend.

Vaccine news, (atleast from some news sources), and Covid fatigue will help.

Predict they will start to close in on 800k next week. It'll be interesting to see the 2019 Sept. numbers. I assume they are significantly lower than the 2.7 million we see in Summer. That should help the % YoY. It's all about how close we can get to 2019 numbers by next spring/summer.
Be nice if it happened, but there's nothing in the TSA data or it's related trends to suggest such a thing is plausible. In order to get to 800k, you'd need to have >=6.5% growth over the highest value from the last week which happened Sunday - 751k. The average over the last two weeks was -6.7%, -0.7% over the last week, and 0.2% over the last three days. Let's hope it happens.

On the other hand, there is every reason to believe that growth will resume, and there is some evidence in the TSA for that postulation. The growth rate for same day week prior has been within one percent on either side of zero over the last few days, and prior to that it was well into negative territory, so that rate has since improved.
Quote: Be nice if it happened, but there's nothing in the TSA data or it's related trends to suggest such a thing is plausible. In order to get to 800k, you'd need to have >=6.5% growth over the highest value from the last week which happened Sunday - 751k. The average over the last two weeks was -6.7%, -0.7% over the last week, and 0.2% over the last three days. Let's hope it happens.

On the other hand, there is every reason to believe that growth will resume, and there is some evidence in the TSA for that postulation. The growth rate for same day week prior has been within one percent on either side of zero over the last few days, and prior to that it was well into negative territory, so that rate has since improved.
I really appreciate the perspective being brought to this thread. I also appreciate the additional visuals being supplied.
Some have mentioned comparing current daily passenger numbers to 2018 instead of 2019, but is there actualy a way to get this data? The only numbers I could find are from the TSA and the page looks like its made special for tracking the coronavirus drop in travel and it also only starts from March
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16  56  106 
Page 6 of 261
Go to