Colgan, union differ on cause of fatal crash

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6 
Page 6 of 6
Go to
Quote: I have seen the video. My point is the video doesn't show if he did it, or if it's due to trim. If the airplane is trimmed nose high and the autopilot kicks off, what happens to the yoke?
If the autopilot has finished trimming the aircraft and the a/p kicks off, the aircraft pitch shouldn't change and neither will the yoke. The a/p will trim until the control force is zero. If you disconnected the a/p while it was trying to trim the aircraft, then the pitch would change and the yoke would move. You would move the yoke in the opposite direction to counter the pitch from the untrimmed condition. Example... the a/p is trimming down to overcome an out of trim nose-high condition. If you disconnect the autopilot, you're going to move the yoke forward to overcome the nose high out of trim condition. So, basically, he may have made another mistake... not guarding the controls during an ILS. When the stick shaker turned on and the autopilot disconnected, the airplane might not have been under positive control. Obviously, we can't see what was going on in the cockpit, but the FDR video is very telling.
Quote: Hey, Interesting name you have.............

Ar du Svensk?
Kul att traffa andra fran Sverige har...........

Arbetar du for ett Amerikanskt flygbolag?

Jag flyger for Skywest och har bott i USA ett tag nu.

Ha det bra,

Hermann
Quote: Jag är inte svenska. Jag har flugit Saab 340 en hel del.

Jag har en god vän på UPS som är svenska dock, så förlåt mig om detta säger jag är en groda.

Han är på detta forum också.

Skål,
S
This is America and we speak American here.
Quote: This is America and we speak American here.
I wonder if the juice can talk or just hums?
Quote: This is 'merica and we speak 'merican here, dang fur-ners
Fixed it for you.
Quote: Fixed it for you.
Dat's right bro, these colors don't run
Quote: If the autopilot has finished trimming the aircraft and the a/p kicks off, the aircraft pitch shouldn't change and neither will the yoke.
I hadn't watched the video since it first came out. I was merely speculating the the a/p kicked off with the pusher, hit its parameter to cease, then the yoke came back due to all the trim. I just watched it again and found it wasn't the case.
As a colgan pilot of two plus years I would like to just tag on comment onto to this thread. For all the down talking of our training program and the lack of qualitiy in our pilots, I don't see anyone complaining when we are sitting at the gate and you a looking for a ride to work or home. If we were turly that bad of an airline overall, I don't think you would be riding on us.
Quote: As a colgan pilot of two plus years I would like to just tag on comment onto to this thread. For all the down talking of our training program and the lack of qualitiy in our pilots, I don't see anyone complaining when we are sitting at the gate and you a looking for a ride to work or home. If we were turly that bad of an airline overall, I don't think you would be riding on us.
You tell M.P. in EWR I wouldn't even let him take out my trash. I'd be afraid the wheel would fall off my trash can.
2  3  4  5  6 
Page 6 of 6
Go to