Skywest

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 6 of 14
Go to
Quote: Does anybody know how long new hires are on reserve?
Depends. Some in my class recently had no reserve in FAT on the Brasilia and the longest reserve for my class was 1.5 months.
Interview on the 30th. Time to hit the books hard. Do they tell you if a position is offered the same day or not?
Quote:
Interview on the 30th. Time to hit the books hard. Do they tell you if a position is offered the same day or not?
No, get a call within a few days if offered the job.
Quote: No, get a call within a few days if offered the job.
Not always. When I interviewed (almost 3.5 years ago) I was offered the job, equiptment, and class on the spot.
Back when I interviewed the first 5 questions on the tech were all related to CRJ systems (pack, AC or DC, gear, what stages does the bleed air come from, anit-ice). The largest plane I flew prior to that was a Seneca. So I was up a creek. I don't know why they would ask questions on a plane I never flew? I thought that I was supose learn the systems in ground school. Oh well, if I got the job in 06 I'd be a CA. Good luck.
Quote: Interview on the 30th. Time to hit the books hard. Do they tell you if a position is offered the same day or not?
Not generally, however they have done so lately with some. When I interviewed I got the offer via email almost a week later. A few friends of mine lately have had both. Two got the offer the day off, one was a few days later. Don't read too into it. Expect an email or phone call within a week if you got the job, a letter within about two weeks if you didn't.
Hearing a rumor that all classes have been cancelled, any truth to this?
Quote: Hearing a rumor that all classes have been cancelled, any truth to this?
From what we're hearing from inside, which isn't much, the July and August upgrade classes have been postponed due to FO staffing issues (short staffed is an understatement). Once we have more FO's on line then I expect the company to resume upgrades. Looks like the qualified and prepared applicant pond is drying up.
Then there is that RFP for the 10-45 Q400s for United that is creating all sorts of rumors and speculation...
Quote: Then there is that RFP for the 10-45 Q400s for United that is creating all sorts of rumors and speculation...
Pinnacle is going to get that.
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 6 of 14
Go to