Fleet Discussion and News

Subscribe
21  61  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  81 
Page 71 of 82
Go to
[QUOTE=CLazarus;2683949]Today's announcement is not reflected on Boeing's website yet (still showing 4 787-9s total on order for the year). Perhaps the 26 missing aircraft equals today's 9 787s. Will be interesting if the number of MAX aircraft on order magically decreases again soon without an announcement. One can hope, eh?

So you hope for less new aircraft?
Quote: would be nice if we traded more away and got ourselves some 321lrs (poor norwegian has put their slots on the market).
xoxoxoxoxo
[QUOTE=CLazarus

Check Turkish Airlines 321 orders , their economy status and their thought about to cancel or delay with RR engines
The deposits will be a great swap from the A350s that I doubt you will ever see at your property for a deal
[QUOTE=CLazarus Check Turkish Airlines 321 orders , their economy status and their thought about to cancel or delay with RR engines
The deposits will be a great swap from the A350s that I doubt you will ever see at your property for a deal[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, and there are other 321 orders that are in real jeopardy too. NAI comes to mind just off the top of my head. Delta and American both see a value in operating new 737 & A320/21 series. I'd like to see our guys jump onto that bandwagon as well. I know we can't keep our current fleet of Airbus aircraft flying forever and it'd be great to see a big order for new 320/321s to replace what will be retired. I don't believe for one minute we will ever see the 350 here, so I hope we keep the Airbus narrowbody fleet for many years to come. I'm not thrilled with the idea of going back to a yoke or having to trim
I hope they canx the MAX 10 order. That thing will cost more than 321 NEOs when you factor in all the gear emergencies and runway overruns it’s gonna have, due to bending struts and Mach 1 approach speeds. Boeing must be giving it away for nothing.
Quote: I hope they canx the MAX 10 order. That thing will cost more than 321 NEOs when you factor in all the gear emergencies and runway overruns it’s gonna have, due to bending struts and Mach 1 approach speeds. Boeing must be giving it away for nothing.
That’s a bit of a stretch. The max is here to stay. Those in charge of the money went with Boeing over Airbus. I have no idea what the future of the 320 fleet is as it ages, but if I had to, I’d bet that it would eventually be replaced by the max. They seem to want to cut down on the different fleet types to streamline the operation and save money. They both pay the same. Bid what gives you the best schedule, move on, and enjoy your days off.
Quote: That’s a bit of a stretch.
I see what you did there.
All of the airbus fleet news says approximately 2030. The fleet will peek out around 180 airplanes in 2020 and then they are going to retire the 30 oldest and slowly replace the rest with used airframes (assuming they are available). Not set in stone but that seems to be plan.
Quote: All of the airbus fleet news says approximately 2030. The fleet will peek out around 180 airplanes in 2020 and then they are going to retire the 30 oldest and slowly replace the rest with used airframes (assuming they are available). Not set in stone but that seems to be plan.
I sure hope so. I’d love to see the company pick up any available neo options as well. I don’t care if it’s Max, Neo, or some combination of the two. I just want sustainable mainline growth, remain competitive, and to kick the regional feed in the giblets. According to this contract the max/neo also pay more than the 100 seaters.
Quote: I sure hope so. I’d love to see the company pick up any available neo options as well. I don’t care if it’s Max, Neo, or some combination of the two. I just want sustainable mainline growth, remain competitive, and to kick the regional feed in the giblets. According to this contract the max/neo also pay more than the 100 seaters.
Paying more is meaning less if 100 seat scope is given away.
21  61  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  81 
Page 71 of 82
Go to