Hawaiian Airlines Hiring

Subscribe
26  66  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  86  126 
Page 76 of 129
Go to
Bummer......
Per newswire yesterday:

HONOLULU, May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. (the "Company"), a wholly owned subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (HA), today announced its first-ever offering of Enhanced Equipment Trust Certificates (the "Certificates") which will be used to secure fixed, low-interest financing for the acquisition of six new Airbus A330 aircraft delivering over the next 18 months..

Are these 6 A330s net gain aircraft, or 767 replacements??
Hawaiian Airlines Hiring
I think it is loss of 767
Quote: Per newswire yesterday:

HONOLULU, May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. (the "Company"), a wholly owned subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (HA), today announced its first-ever offering of Enhanced Equipment Trust Certificates (the "Certificates") which will be used to secure fixed, low-interest financing for the acquisition of six new Airbus A330 aircraft delivering over the next 18 months..

Are these 6 A330s net gain aircraft, or 767 replacements??
Based on the 767 disposal schedule I've seen, HA should see a gain in a/c over the next 2 years. The 330's are all supposed to be on property by 2015... That leaves a year or two gap before the NEO's and 350 possibly arrive in 2017. So maybe a possible reduction from the time the last 330 arrives until the new stuff arrives. (2016/17)...

This is my own personal conclusion. I haven't heard anything or talked/gossiped with anyone about it. So don't take my prediction as fact.
How long might someone expect to be on reserve for at a junior base with the expected hiring?
Quote: How long might someone expect to be on reserve for at a junior base with the expected hiring?
Well, assuming you're a CFI with no other experience, this might be premature to ask, but for the purposes of education..

there's only one base as of Dec 2013, which is HNL, and depending on equipment, the reserve either goes junior or senior..

On the Worldwide fleet, it's junior and you could be on reserve for a two months or 2 years, depending on how much hiring occurs after you.

On the interisland, I can say that after 8 months, I still can't hold it... it goes quite senior for the most part.
That's interesting, why do senior crews on inter-island
like reserve ?
Quote: That's interesting, why do senior crews on inter-island
like reserve ?
Inter Island has no overnight trips, so by definition the people bidding interisland (many of whom are senior enough to hold world wide) want to be home more often.... if you fly 75-80 hours on a bid line with 12-16 days off, vs flying maybe 25-30 hours in the same month with 12 days off, and another 10 days of being left alone... which would you chose?

Granted, sometimes (as in lately) the reserves, especially captains are short and those guys end up flying upwards of 80 hours, but that's not common..

Frankly, if I were living in HNL (I commute), I"d be glued to the 717 until the last one was retired... it's a good gig for locals.
Quote: Frankly, if I were living in HNL (I commute), I"d be glued to the 717 until the last one was retired... it's a good gig for locals.
Same here, sweet gig if ya live in HNL. I'd bid it in a heartbeat if I didn't have to commute from an outer island.. Not that 3 day overseas trips are bad, but working an AM or PM is sweet for those guys.
anyone have a guess when the next Phase III round could be?
26  66  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  86  126 
Page 76 of 129
Go to