New Hire Thread

Subscribe
30  70  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  90  130 
Page 80 of 138
Go to
Quote: Bet they will convert captains from 7/9 to 200 to keep them all flying
Those numbers were for the 900. Don’t know what it’s like on the 200 side. Probably worse.
Quote: If they can’t staff the 200, they certainly
wont park 900s to make it happen. 200s, and 50 seaters in general, are dying. Just like the turboprops, the public despises them. And how many turboprops do you see flying for domestic carriers now? 200s will be gone when they can’t staff them. Period.
Your 100% correct. From the looks of it they need to start aggressively doing this ASAP.
Quote: Bet they will convert captains from 7/9 to 200 to keep them all flying
That remark from the guy who keeps saying 50-seaters are doomed?

The 200 fleet starts shrinking next month. Hard to tell whether it's seasonal or permanent. They absolutely will not park 900s... they'll give the 200 flying to OO first. They've already started that in DTW and MSP.
Quote: That remark from the guy who keeps saying 50-seaters are doomed?

The 200 fleet starts shrinking next month. Hard to tell whether it's seasonal or permanent. They absolutely will not park 900s... they'll give the 200 flying to OO first. They've already started that in DTW and MSP.
Yep. OO is taking routes back that are not their typical EAS and Pro Rate stuff. Look at MBS and SCE. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some IGM ferries popping up in open time soon.
Quote: That remark from the guy who keeps saying 50-seaters are doomed?
Yes, and I think it makes my point quite well.
Am I seeing that correctly...most recent new hires to finish systems and there's only 8 of them....😳😳
Quote: Am I seeing that correctly...most recent new hires to finish systems and there's only 8 of them....😳😳

Edit..

Clarified that it was a class of 20 and they were split 200/900
Quote: "50 seat flying will cease soon." ?

I believe I first heard that back in 2005?
Just you wait and see.
Do they automatically assign the 200/ 900 to individuals, or does your class seniority (last 4 of ss#) allow you to bid on it when it's a split class?
Quote: Do they automatically assign the 200/ 900 to individuals, or does your class seniority (last 4 of ss#) allow you to bid on it when it's a split class?
Aircraft and bases are allocated to the class by company need. The company rarely tells a class what they are actually bidding on. Pilots in the class choose what aircraft and based by seniority.
30  70  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  90  130 
Page 80 of 138
Go to