Republic after the contract

Subscribe
37  77  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  97  137  187 
Page 87 of 300
Go to
I heard about reduced flying schedules not too long ago. What does that mean? And is it still going? Also heard about losing around 13 planes. Is there truth to that? If so, which 13?

Is yammer still around ?
From what I understand, we're not "losing" the aircraft. They are just parked and haven't been being used anyway. They are just out of the cycle. They're the oldest 170s in the fleet. The flying was reduced but I'm not aware of any further reductions. We're gaining more FOs from new hires, and losing lots of captains who are getting hired elsewhere. Of the past 10 captains I flew with, 7 of them are interviewing at and/or leaving for a major. Also, I've been flying a few 175s on the united side that were delivered within the past 6 months.
Quote: From what I understand, we're not "losing" the aircraft. They are just parked and haven't been being used anyway. They are just out of the cycle. They're the oldest 170s in the fleet. The flying was reduced but I'm not aware of any further reductions. We're gaining more FOs from new hires, and losing lots of captains who are getting hired elsewhere. Of the past 10 captains I flew with, 7 of them are interviewing at and/or leaving for a major. Also, I've been flying a few 175s on the united side that were delivered within the past 6 months.
Thanks for the info.
Does anyone have any info on travel benefits while in class. If one is allowed to go home on the weekends and if so can one non-rev. And when do newhires are issued IDs.
Thanks
Quote: Does anyone have any info on travel benefits while in class. If one is allowed to go home on the weekends and if so can one non-rev. And when do newhires are issued IDs.
Thanks
Typically travel bennies don't kick in until 30 days. ID's one to three weeks after class starts dependent upon all your info clearing/coming back. CASS after you get your ID, then you could jumpseat.

About half the people stay and study the other half if living close by go home.
Quote: Yep, Jan/Feb classes got the $400/week as stated during interviews. If it was confirmed to you during interview and listed in your offer letter then claim it. If you don't get it, tell them you're leaving.
How did it work out?

What is the current new hire pay?
Would really like to talk to anyone DCA based, if you could shoot me a PM that would be great. Thanks in advance!
Republic Airways just filed with the BK court that they have reached a codeshare agreement with United Airlines !!
Two down, one to go!
How soon can you expect ORD after training as an FO
37  77  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  97  137  187 
Page 87 of 300
Go to