NWA/DAL Information Exchange...

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19 
Page 9 of 24
Go to
Quote: Hehe, at my last outfit, we had a guy live in one of those out in the parking lot. No solar panels, though, he pirated electricity from the street light.

Nu
Was that at Big Sky airlines in Boston?
Quote: Was that at Big Sky airlines in Boston?
Hehe, no, Piedmont. Apparently no shower in the RV either ...

Nu
Anyone know about how far you have to be up the list in a particular category you have to be in order to be a full blockholder?

Also, do you have partial reserve lines, or is it all or nothing? As in, if your line can't be built to the minimum gurantee, do they drop trips that you could have held back into open time, or do you keep those trips on your line?

Thanks in advance.
The number of line holders is determined each month. Prior to bidding they publish an estimated number of line holders and an estimated average line value. Don't know the answer to the second question.
Quote: Anyone know about how far you have to be up the list in a particular category you have to be in order to be a full blockholder?

Also, do you have partial reserve lines, or is it all or nothing? As in, if your line can't be built to the minimum gurantee, do they drop trips that you could have held back into open time, or do you keep those trips on your line?

Thanks in advance.

Reserves tend to be about 10-15% of each category. There are no partial reserve lines. If a regular line cannot be built for you that meets the minimum threshold, you get a reserve line. You also have the option of bidding reserve if any of your parameters can't be satisfied.(e.g. Award trips if layovers in Kiev, otherwise award reserve line, or Award trips not flying December 25th, otherwise award reserve line)
Quote:

Counselor,

Does parking this in the crew lot qualify? Any NWA'ers know if they have clean showers in the crew lounge? Commuting to a DC9 FO gig means I need to cut expenses. When the lease is up, I'm thinking a van in the Detroit Airport parking lot might just be the thing. The other alternative for cheap home away from home living on reserve is shacking up with an chubby Flight Attendant. Either way, those ALPA sun shades will come in handy.

Sincerely,
Matt Foley, ATL 767 FO
I've only got one thing to say to you Mr. Foley:

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO AMOUNT...TO JACK SQUAT!!!

Carl
If only I were the Greenskeeper at Bushwood.
Quote: If only I were the Greenskeeper at Bushwood.

Then you wouldn't have to live in a van down by the river, AND you could grow your own grass
Quote: ....AND you could grow your own grass
It's a mix of Kentucky blue grass and California sensimillia. You can play 18 holes and then smoke the bejesus out of it.
Maybe this was answered before but how many days off per month/bid period do get at DAL with a reserve line? Former NWA is 11 off in a 30 day period. Thanks.
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19 
Page 9 of 24
Go to