ABX pilot buyout?

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 7 of 9
Go to
Quote: Just an outsider looking in with a thought. Didn't all the pilots on property know the pay scales coming into the job? Didn't all the pilots realize they are at ABX and not FDX or UPS? Do the pilots honestly think they are going to get the money and work rules that better established places in the cargo market who actually fly their own freight get? Im confused with this burn it down mentality when this is what you signed up for. This is why people with skeptical records go to places like this. I'm not saying all their are skeptical but I know a lot of them are.
If you knew the history behind ABX, (Airborne Express), and its previous status and contract in the industry, you wouldn't have typed the dumbest post in this thread.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This.....
"No idea what's going on" is aptly named.
Quote: Just an outsider looking in with a thought. Didn't all the pilots on property know the pay scales coming into the job? Didn't all the pilots realize they are at ABX and not FDX or UPS? Do the pilots honestly think they are going to get the money and work rules that better established places in the cargo market who actually fly their own freight get? Im confused with this burn it down mentality when this is what you signed up for. This is why people with skeptical records go to places like this. I'm not saying all their are skeptical but I know a lot of them are.
No offense, but your signature under you username says it all, "No idea what's going on". Airborne Express, now ABX, has always been it the top 3 with UPS and Fedex, for pay and QOL. The pilots there have fought to keep it in the top 3 despite their management trying to bring them down to Florida West pay and work rules. If they want to burn it down, it's theirs to do as they built it. Maybe a little more research next time before making such a flaming post. FWIW, I am not an ABX pilot.
Quote: No offense, but your signature under you username says it all, "No idea what's going on". Airborne Express, now ABX, has always been it the top 3 with UPS and Fedex, for pay and QOL. The pilots there have fought to keep it in the top 3 despite their management trying to bring them down to Florida West pay and work rules. If they want to burn it down, it's theirs to do as they built it. Maybe a little more research next time before making such a flaming post. FWIW, I am not an ABX pilot.
I am and I agree 100% with you.
So what is a realistic expectation? This is an honest question to the group? Is it 75% the hourly rate at FDX or UPS? Is it the full enchilada work rules and retirement at other places that fly cargo such as UPS or FDX? Not trying to stir the pot just an honest question that everyone in the pilot group will have to ask. As for the history I fully understand its history (https://www.abxair.com/about/airborne-history.cfm) . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airborne_Express .

I 100% agree you all are well deserving of a pay raise but the question lies in the details of how much? Also Im full in on the Strike for breaking the contract. If asking these questions are offensive then im dumb founded. As for the comment on skeptical characters I know a hand full that are currently at ABX that used it as a safe haven from ALPA. I stated that this wasnt all of the group but just stated that their is a big list of them.
Quote: So what is a realistic expectation? This is an honest question to the group? Is it 75% the hourly rate at FDX or UPS? Is it the full enchilada work rules and retirement at other places that fly cargo such as UPS or FDX? Not trying to stir the pot just an honest question that everyone in the pilot group will have to ask. As for the history I fully understand its history (https://www.abxair.com/about/airborne-history.cfm) . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airborne_Express .

I 100% agree you all are well deserving of a pay raise but the question lies in the details of how much? Also Im full in on the Strike for breaking the contract. If asking these questions are offensive then im dumb founded. As for the comment on skeptical characters I know a hand full that are currently at ABX that used it as a safe haven from ALPA. I stated that this wasnt all of the group but just stated that their is a big list of them.
Are you new to cba negotiating? Not trying to be rude but you sound naive. Also, why do you care? You already came into the thread and shat all over everybody. Now you want an honest answer?
Quote: The GoJet pilot is trolling you guys.
Whiplash6,

Dont know how you come to that conclusion but im actually at XJT. Im actually interested in ABX but im not going over their thinking im going to get "Big Boy" wages when ABX is a contract carrier much like XJT. When you bid against others for your business its much different than actually flying your own business such as non-contract carriers do. Thats the big point I was trying to make.
Quote: Whiplash6,

Dont know how you come to that conclusion but im actually at XJT. Im actually interested in ABX but im not going over their thinking im going to get "Big Boy" wages when ABX is a contract carrier much like XJT. When you bid against others for your business its much different than actually flying your own business such as non-contract carriers do. Thats the big point I was trying to make.
Please google "how to negotiate"
Quote: As for the comment on skeptical characters ...
You keep using this word skeptical. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Quote: Whiplash6,

ATI is currently hiring. That would be right up your alley.
3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 7 of 9
Go to