Next UPS job fair

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 6 of 10
Go to
Quote: After OBAP, my application was locked and it was my understanding that this was because it was submitted to the review board, this was over a month ago and haven't heard anything and I assume I did not pass. Is it worth going to the FAPA fair at this point or better to wait till next year to submit a new app and go to a job fair?
You seem to know some people since you were told about the review board? If so why not ask him/her to check up on your status?

As far as the job fair - no guarantees it'll help BUT what are your options? The questions you're asking here are really for the HR folks to answer. Only they know. They'll be at the job fair.

Maybe check with some of our new hires, their perspective on job fairs is probably more up-to-date..

Good luck!

PS.
Looks like G550 beat me to it. Totally agree with his advice.. guess what, not too long ago he was in your shoes. Keep trying!

Pay it Forward Please...
(post #7)

I've got no degree but exceed most mins by a lot. Fingers crossed.
I've never been to a FAPA job fair before. What should I expect? It says business casual so I guess a polo shirt. Plenty of resumes and what about logbooks?
Quote: I've never been to a FAPA job fair before. What should I expect? It says business casual so I guess a polo shirt. Plenty of resumes and what about logbooks?
If you wear a polo, you will stick out (and not in a good way). Slacks and a button down with nice dress shoes.
If I have a little under 1000 TPIC, should I waste my time going to meet with UPS?
Quote: If I have a little under 1000 TPIC, should I waste my time going to meet with UPS?
Ups doesn't have the HARD 1000 pic anymore so I say yes you shold go and do meet and greet.
Going to the job fair in MCO need some advice concerning my qualifications.
8000 plus TT
300P PLUS 121 PIC
checkairman and instructor multiple Boeing aircraft
ETOPS and international experience.
Held management position. At a 121 carrier.
But no college degree finishing my 4 year. One year left to finish.
Do you guys thing the no college degree hurts my chances.
Quote: After OBAP, my application was locked and it was my understanding that this was because it was submitted to the review board, this was over a month ago and haven't heard anything and I assume I did not pass. Is it worth going to the FAPA fair at this point or better to wait till next year to submit a new app and go to a job fair?
I went to OBAP in August, and crickets... For those asking about the degree, I'm halfway through my MBA and no one seems to care. I've always thought Brown is where I'd end up some day... fingers still crossed!
Quote: Going to the job fair in MCO need some advice concerning my qualifications.
8000 plus TT
300P PLUS 121 PIC
checkairman and instructor multiple Boeing aircraft
ETOPS and international experience.
Held management position. At a 121 carrier.
But no college degree finishing my 4 year. One year left to finish.
No it doesn't a couple with your quals have been hired the last few months however they had s...t load of heavies...
Quote: But no college degree finishing my 4 year. One year left to finish.
I hope I'm not too bunt but the simple answer is yes. It is hurting your chances.
Is it possible to get hired without a degree? Yes.
However, those candidates are a very tiny minority. Even now with this so called 'pilot shortage' they are and they will remain an exception to the rule.

(By the way, there's no such thing as 'pilot shortage'. Instead, it's a 'pay & benefit shortage' - pay accordingly and they will come - supply and demand works. Regional airline pay has gone up and guess what, flight schools are beginning to fill up again. Amazing how that works.. )

The VERY few who have been hired without a degree were working on finishing their degrees (online course records, graduation date estimates, etc.. - just the way you could be doing it btw. "One year to finish", right?). Some had strong recommendations and some might've had other connections..

Also, and I heard this from one of the recruiters - just because 1,000 isn't a hard minimum anymore doesn't mean they're desperate. They still have an abundance of applicants and therefore those with low PIC time and/or no college degree will probably remain being a very tiny minority.

Don't rely on the minimums being relaxed anytime soon. It might happen but it might not. As long as they're filling classes there's no incentive for them to drop any of the requirements or competitive minimums.

Wish everyone luck!!
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 6 of 10
Go to