First Officer BASE DROPS- Initial and Monthly

Subscribe
11  51  57  58  59  60  61  62 
Page 61 of 62
Go to
Anyone know what the lines are looking like out of BOS? Is it day trip? Commutable?
Quote: Anyone know what the lines are looking like out of BOS? Is it day trip? Commutable?
It's mostly day trips. And most day trips aren't commutable. You'd probably get either front end or back end commutable, but not both.
Boston lines suck unless you live there.
Quote: It's mostly day trips. And most day trips aren't commutable. You'd probably get either front end or back end commutable, but not both.

Seems like the number of two and three day trips are growing monthly as the BOS base matures. I haven’t really looked closely if the day trip or longer pairings go senior on the fo or captain side tho, anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awards from 3/3 class

2 - CMH
5 - SDF
10 - LGA
1 - PIT
I've noticed no one getting MCI the last few classes; assuming because there's no slots, currently (not educated on the factors that go into base assignments). Are you still able to bid any base you want? If so and no vacancies are available, does that put you on a list for when a slot becomes available?
Quote: I've noticed no one getting MCI the last few classes; assuming because there's no slots, currently (not educated on the factors that go into base assignments). Are you still able to bid any base you want? If so and no vacancies are available, does that put you on a list for when a slot becomes available?
Basically correct. I don't recall the last time I saw someone get MCI out of training. Maybe Fall 2018 there were a couple?

Essentially, pilots currently on the seniority list bid monthly for the vacancies posted by the company, and it's cleared in order of seniority. The shuffling around of people itself creates vacancies, which the company "backfills" by continuing down the seniority list. So it's possible for someone to move into a base with no posted vacancies if someone in that base moves/upgrades/leaves the company.

You are "on a list" if you don't get awarded the base you want, but you don't get any points by being there sooner than someone else. If you've been trying to bid into a specific base, and keep getting denied, someone with more seniority than you who bids it well after you initially bid for it will be awarded it ahead of you.
Quote: Basically correct. I don't recall the last time I saw someone get MCI out of training. Maybe Fall 2018 there were a couple?

Essentially, pilots currently on the seniority list bid monthly for the vacancies posted by the company, and it's cleared in order of seniority. The shuffling around of people itself creates vacancies, which the company "backfills" by continuing down the seniority list. So it's possible for someone to move into a base with no posted vacancies if someone in that base moves/upgrades/leaves the company.

You are "on a list" if you don't get awarded the base you want, but you don't get any points by being there sooner than someone else. If you've been trying to bid into a specific base, and keep getting denied, someone with more seniority than you who bids it well after you initially bid for it will be awarded it ahead of you.
Thanks!

Filler
Quote: Anyone know what the lines are looking like out of BOS? Is it day trip? Commutable?

In Boston for the month of March, there are 282 total pairings. Of these 282 pairings, 60% of the pairings are day trips, 28% (78 pairings) are two day trips and only 12% (35 pairings) are three day trips.
Quote: In Boston for the month of March, there are 282 total pairings. Of these 282 pairings, 60% of the pairings are day trips, 28% (78 pairings) are two day trips and only 12% (35 pairings) are three day trips.

Good info. Another way to look at it:

So by flying days, of those 282 pairings, and 430 pilot days of flying, 169 days or 40% are part of day trips, 156 days or 36% are part of two day trips and 105 days or 24% are part of three day trips. So less than half the flying is now day trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11  51  57  58  59  60  61  62 
Page 61 of 62
Go to