AA Class Drops

Subscribe
153  203  243  249  250  251  252  253  254  255  256  257  263 
Page 253 of 281
Go to
Quote: Is a similar analysis available for the NYC base?
Not as much of a difference in LGA 737 vs. 320. Most jr. line holders are within a couple months of seniority. And the flying is all domestic with the exception of a Mexico or Canadian destination thrown in. The 320 seems to do more transcons than the 737. Overall, the differences seniority wise and destination wise are fairly negligible. There is an extremely small International division that you can bid into on the 737 in LGA, but that hasn't been offered to new hires in training in quite some time. They do a small amount of Caribbean and South America flying. However, they did just upgrade many Captains into that division so the writing on the wall would suggest that it may grow in the future.
Quote: What’s a typical 3/4 day trip pairing look like for Jr FO MIA 73I?
Overall, about the same as any other base.

No leading red eyes like LAX. Some trailing red eyes from PHX, SFO, DEN, etc. Those typically have a long layover before the last leg to MIA. Lots of “penalty laps” on the last day... a Cuba, TPA, MCO, etc turn at the very end to make the last day 3 legs and get as close to 15:45 or 21:00 as possible.
So with that description, I take it a 73 international doesnt do much international?
You WILL do a lot of int’l. It’s pretty mixed. There are a lot of different pairings. A 3 day example might be 2-2-3 / MBJ-SDM with a MCO turn at the end
Quote: You WILL do a lot of int’l. It’s pretty mixed. There are a lot of different pairings. A 3 day example might be 2-2-3 / MBJ-SDM with a MCO turn at the end
Sure do love 2 days. but damn they are brutal. 4am show day 1 finish at 2345 day 2. They definitely squeeze all the juice out of ya, but it helps avoid RO. 😂
Quote: So with that description, I take it a 73 international doesnt do much international?
I’d say more trips with international flying than not for the 73 international.
Quote: So with that description, I take it a 73 international doesnt do much international?
No, it does plenty of international. It also does plenty of domestic.

After a few years, I care a lot less about where I fly and a lot more about trip start/end times, total block versus credit, trip length, max 2 legs per day, weekends/holidays/whatever off, avoid red eyes, co-terminal preference, etc. I might prefer destination X over Y, but other factors take higher priority. I’m sure I’m not alone in that regard.

FWIW in MIA, the 320 has maybe 2/3rds the total trips as compared to the 737, but a much higher percentage of those trips are out of FLL. 15-20% of the 320 bid pack versus maybe 2-3% for the 737. I’m not sure on PBI. Could be a factor for someone eventually wanting those trips or to avoid them.
Quote: Sure do love 2 days. but damn they are brutal. 4am show day 1 finish at 2345 day 2. They definitely squeeze all the juice out of ya, but it helps avoid RO. 😂
Never seen a pairing like you describe, but maybe you were joking based on your emoji.
Quote: Never seen a pairing like you describe, but maybe you were joking based on your emoji.
Its my whole month out of bwi. We lost the bwi phx direct so the pairings I can hold are either 401 or 405 am shows that finish day 2 after 12am w debrief. TSA doesn’t open till 0400. The overnights are excellent, all long all south. Packing for them to RO me out of my bgi 30 hour stay for bos Chelsea next wknd...
Quote: Its my whole month out of bwi. We lost the bwi phx direct so the pairings I can hold are either 401 or 405 am shows that finish day 2 after 12am w debrief. TSA doesn’t open till 0400. The overnights are excellent, all long all south. Packing for them to RO me out of my bgi 30 hour stay for bos Chelsea next wknd...
Flowing soon, so forgive the naïveté.
Finish after 12am on day two? Shouldn’t that be a 3 day?
153  203  243  249  250  251  252  253  254  255  256  257  263 
Page 253 of 281
Go to