PSA - Ask A Recruiter

Subscribe
18  68  108  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  128 
Page 118 of 131
Go to
Quote: This is a lot higher then what recruiters are say!!!
Which recruiters are you referring to?
Quote: Which recruiters are you referring to?
Just had a buddy go to one of the fair things. They told him 6 years I said closer to 11-12 for someone hired in the next 5 months. Current time is about 6 if I’m not mistaken but it’s going up..
Quote: Just had a buddy go to one of the fair things. They told him 6 years I said closer to 11-12 for someone hired in the next 5 months. Current time is about 6 if I’m not mistaken but it’s going up..
It’s a fluid number, there really isn’t a set time on flowing until you actually get the welcome to AA letter.
Quote: It’s a fluid number, there really isn’t a set time on flowing until you actually get the welcome to AA letter.
Lol we're stretching the bounds of the word "fluid" if you think the difference between 6 and 10 years isn't significant.

You have to be careful with recruiters, if they tell you that right now guys on property for 6 years are flowing, then that's true. They'll just neglect to mention that because of all the hiring a new hire will likely be flowing in a decade or more.

Now PSA could suddenly double the flow or whatever, but for the foreseeable future plan for a decade and you probably won't be disappointed.
Quote: i
off topic, but I noticed your username so I’m just curious, where were you stationed? I was with 1st SBCT 25th (1-24in) in Alaska
Quote: Lol we're stretching the bounds of the word "fluid" if you think the difference between 6 and 10 years isn't significant.

You have to be careful with recruiters, if they tell you that right now guys on property for 6 years are flowing, then that's true. They'll just neglect to mention that because of all the hiring a new hire will likely be flowing in a decade or more.

Now PSA could suddenly double the flow or whatever, but for the foreseeable future plan for a decade and you probably won't be disappointed.
I mean it’s fluid because it’s all based on estimations and nothing truly set in stone. Experiences have been completely different from guys hired 2013-2015 vs now.
Quote: I mean it’s fluid because it’s all based on estimations and nothing truly set in stone. Experiences have been completely different from guys hired 2013-2015 vs now.
A key difference is the fact that flow times have been consistently increasing due to hiring outpacing attrition. New hires deserve to understand what they're actually signing up for, and I don't understand why folks like you try to paint an unrealistically optimistic outlook for those looking to come work at PSA.

All you're doing is setting these guys and gals who listen to you up for disappointment once they get on board and have to come to terms with reality.

Flow times certainly could decrease, but they could just as easily continue to increase. At the moment though a new hire is looking at about 10.5 years, so that is the most accurate number we can give anyone at this time.
Quote: A key difference is the fact that flow times have been consistently increasing due to hiring outpacing attrition. New hires deserve to understand what they're actually signing up for, and I don't understand why folks like you try to paint an unrealistically optimistic outlook for those looking to come work at PSA.

All you're doing is setting these guys and gals who listen to you up for disappointment once they get on board and have to come to terms with reality.

Flow times certainly could decrease, but they could just as easily continue to increase. At the moment though a new hire is looking at about 10.5 years, so that is the most accurate number we can give anyone at this time.
Not following how you came to that conclusion, I just said the flow numbers are never really set in stone and just estimations
Upgrade timing question
Hello
Currently looking PSA for a regional option... can you share with us the upgrade time that you've seen with MOs? Is it usually after 1000 hrs time for the CA upgrade or are those going faster.

Thanks
Quote: Hello
Currently looking PSA for a regional option... can you share with us the upgrade time that you've seen with MOs? Is it usually after 1000 hrs time for the CA upgrade or are those going faster.

Thanks
If you have the required time, it’s right away. But if you are fresh to 121, plan about 2 years to get your time.
18  68  108  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  128 
Page 118 of 131
Go to