Atlas Air pilot negotiations

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 9
Go to
Quote: We've already missed the original target for the 20 Amazon airplanes. Maybe they'll delay/defer some. Maybe they'll reduce reserve coverage. Maybe they'll... Who knows?
Where does this come from? ATAM? It is not true, at least not yet. The original contract was for 12 frames by the end of 2017 and 20 by the end of 2018. They have amended that to 22 by end of 2018 with the last 2 being spares. The 10th airplane entered conformity post cargo conversion in GYR last Thursday.
Quote: Wouldn't this prove the union's point? If you become understaffed, at some point the company will have to figure out why. I'd imagine the company is being told unless you improve pay, people will not show up.

Attrition outpacing hiring is a very good thing during contract negotiations.
Exactly this is good for us. For some reason managment has their head in the sand when it comes to attrition. Everyone knows the reson why everyone is leaving all through the training department. But there seems to be a block once you get above midmanagment.

update as of this morning, Atlas has filed another law suit against its pilots. That should help their recruiting and retention issues.
Quote: Exactly this is good for us. For some reason managment has their head in the sand when it comes to attrition. Everyone knows the reson why everyone is leaving all through the training department. But there seems to be a block once you get above midmanagment.

update as of this morning, Atlas has filed another law suit against its pilots. That should help their recruiting and retention issues.
So the law suit is just a scare tactic in my opinion, especially if they are short on pilots. They obviously want a contract soon... but not one that is on par with competition.

Fortunately I think pilots can see through this.
Quote: It hasn't helped Frontier, and some of them will be getting a very big retro check.
I laugh when I hear stuff like this. It isn't as easy as just saying, "Give us retro checks." and they hand them over. If we lose our amalgamation law suit they're going to ram a "Kalitta Plus a Dollar" contract down our throats that merges our work rules with Southern's. We'll be lucky to get $1,000 signing bonuses in that scenario.
Quote: I laugh when I hear stuff like this. It isn't as easy as just saying, "Give us retro checks." and they hand them over. If we lose our amalgamation law suit they're going to ram a "Kalitta Plus a Dollar" contract down our throats that merges our work rules with Southern's. We'll be lucky to get $1,000 signing bonuses in that scenario.
Sounds like it comes down to who has the better lawyers. In your opinion, do you think it will go in the company's favor, or the pilots?
Quote: Sounds like it comes down to who has the better lawyers. In your opinion, do you think it will go in the company's favor, or the pilots?
This is really a tough call. The language about amalgamation in the CBA is clear. But since we were already in Section 6 both sides agreed framework negotiations when the purchase of SAI occurred...
Quote: I laugh when I hear stuff like this. It isn't as easy as just saying, "Give us retro checks." and they hand them over. If we lose our amalgamation law suit they're going to ram a "Kalitta Plus a Dollar" contract down our throats that merges our work rules with Southern's. We'll be lucky to get $1,000 signing bonuses in that scenario.
If this happens, it won't help very much at all with the pilot manning problem. The Pilot Shortage is getting worse and worse, and probably an Industry Standard contract won't be enough to stem the tide, especially with bad decisions like this latest lawsuit.
Quote: If this happens, it won't help very much at all with the pilot manning problem. The Pilot Shortage is getting worse and worse, and probably an Industry Standard contract won't be enough to stem the tide, especially with bad decisions like this latest lawsuit.
No shortage
Quote: Sounds like it comes down to who has the better lawyers. In your opinion, do you think it will go in the company's favor, or the pilots?
Given the track record of labor law I'd say we win one of two. I'd rather win the Amalgamation Law Suit because it forces them into Section 6 where we can vote down a bad TA.
Quote: No shortage
I'd have evidence other wise if you want a PM...
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 9
Go to