I'm not wearing that pilot uniform......

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17 
Page 7 of 20
Go to
Quote: Not since I've been here and I've been pushing for it with my reps and on contract surveys since day 1.

Actually I was surprised we had to buy our uniforms as new-hires. Just another indicator of how cheap they are at Angle Lake.

So cheap yet they spend a ton on that ridiculous unveiling party the other day
Sorta surprised no one’s mentioned how well brown pairs with orange...
Quote: Not since I've been here and I've been pushing for it with my reps and on contract surveys since day 1.

Actually I was surprised we had to buy our uniforms as new-hires. Just another indicator of how cheap they are at Angle Lake.
I think the FAs do, but the excuse they used to use not to extend that to the pilots was, "You make too much money."
Quote: So cheap yet they spend a ton on that ridiculous unveiling party the other day
And they spend money on concerts at St. Michelle for VIPs and Maroon 5 concerts, etc.

I know. They are cheap when it comes to providing us with a proper uniform, but they'll blow it on lavish, PR-related BS.
Quote: I think the FAs do, but the excuse they used to use not to extend that to the pilots was, "You make too much money."
Yup, too much money... 5th best...
Quote: I am going to have to go against the flow here, I like the new uniforms. Yes, I wish the hat would have been left out and I don’t see any reason to redesign our wings but overall it looks good and the brown leather jacket looks much better than any of our current options.

Honestly, do whatever you want with the uniform just don’t make me pay for it and make the hat optional.
Bingo. Looks decent. Ditch the hat and company pays for 1st set.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Quote: Bingo. Looks decent. Ditch the hat and company pays for 1st set.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
100% this!
Quote: Sorta surprised no one’s mentioned how well brown pairs with orange...
Brown doesn't pair well with orange.

However, that blue, that'll look REAL nice with orange!
Quote: Brown doesn't pair well with orange.

However, that blue, that'll look REAL nice with orange!
Not necessarily directed at you personally but when are the "hurr durr orange #5 durrrr" jokes going to finally get old? The orange thing is an inside joke. Your passengers don't care how much orange colored crap you velcro to your bags or how many orange accessories you spend your free time and money on getting and management only pretended to care about the lanyard as a distraction. At this point it's like swearing in a made up language you invented so only you and your other 10 year old friends know what you're saying and your mom can't figure it out - it's pointless and stupid. And same with things with the number 5 on them - when nobody besides you and your friends know what it means, it's effectively meaningless.

I've just observed a lot of people spending an awful lot of effort on something that seems so incredibly pointless to me.
Quote: And same with things with the number 5 on them - when nobody besides you and your friends know what it means, it's effectively meaningless.
I disagree. When management issues such a stupid and inflammatory statement, the pilot group should seize the moment and use their words against them. It is not a message to the passengers; it is a message to the employees of Alaska. The pilot group is simply reminding every employee that Alaska management desires 5th place performance from them.
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17 
Page 7 of 20
Go to