New Hire Classes and Drops

Subscribe
230  280  320  326  327  328  329  330  331  332  333  334  340  380 
Page 330 of 402
Go to
Quote: Vacancy bid today landed 320 ORD FO hired as late as 8/8………in case you were wondering

I would be thanks for that. So not for forever to get "back" into ORD if thats the case
When are base/equipment assignments announced to new hires? Thanks!
First afternoon of indoc
What’s the more popular Hotel to stay at for the interview? Double Tree, Holiday Inn, Renaissance we’re listed. Thanks Also thinking about Cage, any other advice greatly appreciate!
Quote: What’s the more popular Hotel to stay at for the interview? Double Tree, Holiday Inn, Renaissance we’re listed. Thanks Also thinking about Cage, any other advice greatly appreciate!
Doubletree and Cage. Only basing that on what worked out great for me.
Quote: Doubletree and Cage. Only basing that on what worked out great for me.
Thank You Very Much!
Quote: What’s the more popular Hotel to stay at for the interview? Double Tree, Holiday Inn, Renaissance we’re listed. Thanks Also thinking about Cage, any other advice greatly appreciate!
I stayed at the Renaissance. I’m Titanium with Bonvoy so it was a no brainer. If you have status with Hilton the DT is perfect and right across the street.

Cage is an incredible resource to use. They were incredible and I went into the interview with the most confidence I’ve had.
Quote: What’s the more popular Hotel to stay at for the interview? Double Tree, Holiday Inn, Renaissance were listed. Thanks Also thinking about Cage, any other advice greatly appreciate!
DoubleTree is more popular because it’s United’s primary short stay training hotel, and it’s right across the street from TK. However, the Renaissance is a much nicer hotel. My first week of Indoc at the DT, I didn’t have a fridge in my room. Fridges were “waitlisted,” and half of the rooms are in severe need of updating.

I used Cage, and thought they did a great job. There is so much hiring going on right now, I think you’ll be fine with any service. From what I’ve gathered, they all have the same info and use the same techniques.
Cage hands down. Don’t go anywhere else. There’s lots of prep companies out there including new start ups that seem to take a more trendy approach catering to the younger crowds now interviewing. Everyone I know, including myself, who used cage got the job. I unfortunately know quite a few people who didn’t get the job and they all prepped elsewhere (if they used prep at all).

As for hotels, I would say Double Tree or Renaissance. If you plan to walk, the actual distance you will need to walk is pretty close. While the Double Tree is physically closer to the TK building, you are on the wrong side of the campus for entry. You’ll need to cross the street and walk the full length of the property to get to the main security gate entrance. When you account for that, the Renaissance isn’t too much further of a walk.

I know people like the Double Tree because it’s the main short term training hotel and a lot of instructors and interviewers stay there and interviewees feel they may be able to “network” before their interview and get a leg up. The reality is, you very likely won’t meet anyone with enough pull to make a difference in the outcome of your interview. I’ve always taken the opposite mindset and approach. I want (and wanted before my interview) to be invisible. Just my $.02.
Quote: Cage hands down. Don’t go anywhere else. There’s lots of prep companies out there including new start ups that seem to take a more trendy approach catering to the younger crowds now interviewing. Everyone I know, including myself, who used cage got the job. I unfortunately know quite a few people who didn’t get the job and they all prepped elsewhere (if they used prep at all).

As for hotels, I would say Double Tree or Renaissance. If you plan to walk, the actual distance you will need to walk is pretty close. While the Double Tree is physically closer to the TK building, you are on the wrong side of the campus for entry. You’ll need to cross the street and walk the full length of the property to get to the main security gate entrance. When you account for that, the Renaissance isn’t too much further of a walk.

I know people like the Double Tree because it’s the main short term training hotel and a lot of instructors and interviewers stay there and interviewees feel they may be able to “network” before their interview and get a leg up. The reality is, you very likely won’t meet anyone with enough pull to make a difference in the outcome of your interview. I’ve always taken the opposite mindset and approach. I want (and wanted before my interview) to be invisible. Just my $.02.
What are you talking about? There's a pedestrian entrance right on the corner next to the crosswalk from the DT to TK. Unless it closed since I last went to recurrent...
230  280  320  326  327  328  329  330  331  332  333  334  340  380 
Page 330 of 402
Go to