United Begins CPP with Aviation University

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to
Quote: Uh, how so? It's working just fine for people in the pool. It had low success numbers at first, and United 2017 hiring was slow, but things are picking up.
CPP is garbage. "Works for the people in the pool", you mean the guys that have been here 15 years? Does nothing to attract anyone. Thank God they have a life raft to get out. If I stayed in the pool I'd still be here another ten years. I'm outta here.
Quote: If I stayed in the pool I'd still be here another ten years. I'm outta here.
Couldn't be further from the truth, but see ya. Thanks for the bump.
Quote: Couldn't be further from the truth, but see ya. Thanks for the bump.
I doubt it was a bump. If XJT is toast, why are we getting a 3rd sim? Seems like an expensive decision to get another simulator on property if we are done in a few months....
Quote: I doubt it was a bump. If XJT is toast, why are we getting a 3rd sim? Seems like an expensive decision to get another simulator on property if we are done in a few months....
Are we buying it back from Commutair for more than we sold it to them for? That's the way we do business around here so that would make it true. Assuming its an E145 sim?
Quote: I doubt it was a bump. If XJT is toast, why are we getting a 3rd sim? Seems like an expensive decision to get another simulator on property if we are done in a few months....
Yep... possibly getting a new simulator, I keep hearing about wifi to be installed in all aircraft, and half the fleet confirmed to be repainted this year.

Yet XJT is toast? I think not.
Quote: Are we buying it back from Commutair for more than we sold it to them for? That's the way we do business around here so that would make it true. Assuming its an E145 sim?
Where are you getting this from? The sim didn't go to CommutAir.
Guys large businesses rarely just close doors (Enron the exception). They will file Chapter 11 to restructure prior to doing anything like that. If anything was going to happen, XJT would be absorbed into Skywest. I’m not saying they are doing very well or even making money but there is normally a gradual shut down. I wouldn’t read too much into buying a sim or repainting planes, they will continue business as usual until something major happens. I being reading about XJT going out of business since 2002. Just do a search on this forum or others, it’s been doom and gloom for 16 years.
Quote: Couldn't be further from the truth, but see ya. Thanks for the bump.
Someone's delusional. I know of plenty of swimmers who got out. Then there's those of us who didn't make it through the first time, and have no desire to try again. I'll be surprised if 30% of the list makes it over.
Quote: Someone's delusional. I know of plenty of swimmers who got out. Then there's those of us who didn't make it through the first time, and have no desire to try again. I'll be surprised if 30% of the list makes it over.
If someone is in the pool and received an earlier class date from Delta, AA, FedEx, etc, it's perfectly reasonable to leave.

No desire to try again? Am I supposed to feel sorry for someone else's lack of persistence after coming up short the first time? I don't.

I have flown with people who don't have a degree and still won't spend the money on interview prep, or say they won't even bother dressing up for the interview.

If the pool is tiny because people don't want to improve their situation badly enough, then so be it. It'll be a shorter wait for those who actually do.
Quote: If someone is in the pool and received an earlier class date from Delta, AA, FedEx, etc, it's perfectly reasonable to leave.

No desire to try again? Am I supposed to feel sorry for someone else's lack of persistence after coming up short the first time? I don't.

I have flown with people who don't have a degree and still won't spend the money on interview prep, or say they won't even bother dressing up for the interview.

If the pool is tiny because people don't want to improve their situation badly enough, then so be it. It'll be a shorter wait for those who actually do.
Actually, the pool is tiny because we'd rather take ourselves somewhere other than United.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to