First year pay

Subscribe
8  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  28 
Page 18 of 32
Go to
Quote: Boom, there it is!!!! With 3 full time 74 sims at our disposal, maybe they think the time is right!! Coming soon to a theatre near you!
I’m happy to be proven wrong. Here’s to 30 Capt and 60 FO slots🥳
Quote: I’m happy to be proven wrong. Here’s to 30 Capt and 60 FO slots[emoji3060]

My pure guess? 15 Capt/ 20 FO
Quote: My pure guess? 15 Capt/ 20 FO
10 Capt / 14 FO

Its a "new domicile" for a year. Whatever the actual numbers, It will be just enough to satisfy the contractual domicile staffing formula. Why would they make it larger than 2-4 lines and a few RSV ?
Quote: I too am skeptical but I’ve heard the same rumor. 10-15 captains, 25-35 FOs. They’ll probably throw this bone at us right before peak. We’ll see.
Peak must be around the corner? haha
Quote: Boom, there it is!!!! With 3 full time 74 sims at our disposal, maybe they think the time is right!! Coming soon to a theatre near you!
You’re right. Let the Great Whale Migration begin..

(Still believe we’ll see many senior guys/gals bid ANC - if they can’t hold SDF they’ll bid ANC ‘in the meantime’..)
PS. 3 full time sims? More like 2 1/2, ..and on a good day..
Additionally there are rumors about hiring up to 600 next year.
Quote: Additionally there are rumors about hiring up to 600 next year.
As much as we'd all love that and UPS needs to do it, they haven't had the training capacity to even reach the desired 300 the last 2 years. Not sure its possible to even come close to 600...
Quote: As much as we'd all love that and UPS needs to do it, they haven't had the training capacity to even reach the desired 300 the last 2 years. Not sure its possible to even come close to 600...
Agree. 2 or was it 3 years ago I believe they announced we’d hire 300? We ended up hiring 220 that year (per Bob T. at one of the GMM meetings).

Nice rumor though and I guess you never know..

Btw.
Just looked at the August seniority list. 2,918 on property?? That’s it?!? Wow, I thought we’d passed 3,000 with all the hiring going on?
The highest number on our seniority list I ever saw was about a year before furloughs started. It was 2,932 or ..31 maybe? So a decade later we still aren’t back to where we were back then??
Quote: Agree. 2 or was it 3 years ago I believe they announced we’d hire 300? We ended up hiring 220 that year (per Bob T. at one of the GMM meetings).

Nice rumor though and I guess you never know..

Btw.
Just looked at the August seniority list. 2,918 on property?? That’s it?!? Wow, I thought we’d passed 3,000 with all the hiring going on?
The highest number on our seniority list I ever saw was about a year before furloughs started. It was 2,932 or ..31 maybe? So a decade later we still aren’t back to where we were back then??
What was the fleet size the year before furloughs? The 74 classic, the 727 and DC8 fleet retirements were all replaced with larger capacity aircraft with no FE’s. The ground side expanded sleeper teams considerably to deliver deferred air. I’m not disagreeing with you, just pointing out other variables that have happened the last decade.
Quote: What was the fleet size the year before furloughs? The 74 classic, the 727 and DC8 fleet retirements were all replaced with larger capacity aircraft with no FE’s. The ground side expanded sleeper teams considerably to deliver deferred air. I’m not disagreeing with you, just pointing out other variables that have happened the last decade.
Plus we didn't have the accelerated retirements that we have these days.
8  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  28 
Page 18 of 32
Go to