Question about Training

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17 
Page 7 of 18
Go to
The majority of my class were 135 guys, and they all did fantastic. Know your limitations/memory items/flows prior to showing up the first day, and you're well ahead of the game. I wouldn't worry about this being your first 121. We all had our first 121 gig, and none of us had 121 prior to it. If the low time guys who teach ground school for 2 years can do it, I'd put more money on a 135 guy who knows how to fly, and is motivated to study.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Training Aid
I used this program while in training at SWA, I think they have a Bus program as well. www.1StepPrep.com

Supposedly a guaranteed pass on all their courses so I gave it a shot. Was definitely a tremendous help.
Quote: Yes, FLL mainly with some overflow to DFW
6-8 Weeks
$1000 salary per month plus $750 per month non tax per diem (both paid until after completion of OE)
Defined benefit starts after 60 days of employment
Initial award of ACY. DTW, ORD, FLL within 2-3 months. DFW, LAS 3-4 months.
Can you please explain how you calculated the $750 / month Per Diem rate?
Is the Per Diem rate in training less than the $2.25 hourly rate posted on APC?
Maybe the Per Diem is only paid for the hours while attending class or sims, but if not... seems like the monthly amount would be much higher than a total of $750 per month.
Thanks,
AU
It’s just a flat 750$ a month. Nothing to calculate
Quote: It’s just a flat 750$ a month. Nothing to calculate
Ok, thank you... but ouch... that's close to $1 / hour per diem rate, OR about $25 / day.
Pay for a lot of "self-training / self-learning" CBT studying is $1,000 / month?
No [Health] benefits for either the first 60 or 90 days?
I guess there's no love for the new-hires until after completion of IOE... when the ALPA contract rate applies. The company must have fought pretty hard for that pearl?
Paying for the full cost of the family health benefits for the first 3 months could be rather staggering for some.
Positive: At least the hotel room is covered during training.
It will be interesting to see if any of this changes in the next 2-3 years as the demand for experienced pilots increases, and the supply dwindles.
Quote: Ok, thank you... but ouch... that's close to $1 / hour per diem rate, OR about $25 / day.
Pay for a lot of "self-training / self-learning" CBT studying is $1,000 / month?
I guess there's no love for the new-hires until after completion of IOE... when the ALPA contract rate applies. The company must have fought pretty hard for that pearl?
Paying for the full cost of the family health benefits for the first 3 months could be rather staggering for some.
It will be interesting to see if any of this changes in the next 2-3 years as the demand for experienced pilots increases, and the supply dwindles.
There’s a work around for the health insurance. Imperfect, but effective supposing relative health during the 90 days.

Btw, I suspect that and a number of other things will be reassessed when the pilot shortage truly hits, and everyone is scrambling to attract pilots.
Quote: Ok, thank you... but ouch... that's close to $1 / hour per diem rate, OR about $25 / day.
Just remember:

A) Spirit hates their Pilots, because they’re just a negative impact on CASM.

&

B) 70% of Spirit Pilots didn’t want to adjust these items, because they didn’t want to “waste negotiating capital on New Hires.”
Quote: Just remember:

A) Spirit hates their Pilots, because they’re just a negative impact on CASM.

&

B) 70% of Spirit Pilots didn’t want to adjust these items, because they didn’t want to “waste negotiating capital on New Hires.”

Give me a break. All of the pilots that voted yes would have loved to have seen insurance from day 1 and $100 an hour for new hires but there’s much more to a yes/no vote than what first year pay is. But you’re right, ALPA’s stance was that they didn’t want to waste negotiating capital on attracting new hires. They felt that it was the companies job to do that.

I’m not saying I agree or disagree with that line of thinking but to say that everyone should have voted no and fallen on the sword for first year pay is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[QUOTE=TrojanCMH;2596235]Give me a break. All of the pilots that voted yes would have loved to have seen insurance from day 1 and $100 an hour for new hires but there’s much more to a yes/no vote than what first year pay is. But you’re right, ALPA’s stance was that they didn’t want to waste negotiating capital on attracting new hires. They felt that it was the companies job to do that.

I’m not saying I agree or disagree with that line of thinking but to say that everyone should have voted no and fallen on the sword for first year pay is ridiculous.

You're 100%. If people would stop showing up for interviews the problem would get fixed overnight.
Quote:
You're 100%. If people would stop showing up for interviews the problem would get fixed overnight.
Yep. But that's never going to happen because people can plan longer than 90 days into the future.
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17 
Page 7 of 18
Go to