What am I doing wrong?

Subscribe
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  24 
Page 14 of 25
Go to
Quote: No personal dog in the fight, since I'm retiring soon and not applying anywhere, but can someone show me these "diversity boxes" people check on applications to move to the front of the line? Because after decades in this business and many airlines, I've never seen one.

Quit making excuses for why you didn't get hired/interviewed.
The first three questions on any app.
Quote: The first three questions on any app.
That's dumb. So you're saying they glean gender and race from the name, address and flight time? Because if you're named Tyrone or Felicia, I guess that says it all? Stereotype much?

Or do you mean the optional disclosure form that clearly says it can't and won't be used for selection? Oh, I get it, it's a CONSPIRACY! They trick people into filling it out, then use it to only hire black gay girls!

Like I said, stop making excuses.
Quote: That's dumb. So you're saying they glean gender and race from the name, address and flight time? Because if you're named Tyrone or Felicia, I guess that says it all? Stereotype much?

Or do you mean the optional disclosure form that clearly says it can't and won't be used for selection? Oh, I get it, it's a CONSPIRACY! They trick people into filling it out, then use it to only hire black gay girls!

Like I said, stop making excuses.
True story...friend Alex has a gender neutral name had been applying for united for years...one day said whatever...switched his gender to female and got the call next day...coincidence? They loved his story and hired him in interview.
Quote: ... can someone show me these "diversity boxes" people check on applications to move to the front of the line?
HR quit using them due to a rash of promiscuous box-checking. For example, a suspicious number of applicants claimed to be handicapped gay Eskimos. Now they send out the Diversity Investigative Squad to lurk, spy, and report any posers.
Quote: HR quit using them due to a rash of promiscuous box-checking. For example, a suspicious number of applicants claimed to be handicapped gay Eskimos. Now they send out the Diversity Investigative Squad to lurk, spy, and report any posers.
Does that include determining if my need for my seeing eye dog is valid?
Quote: True story...friend Alex has a gender neutral name had been applying for united for years...one day said whatever...switched his gender to female and got the call next day...coincidence? They loved his story and hired him in interview.

BS! They hired someone who falsified his application?
Quote: True story...friend Alex has a gender neutral name had been applying for united for years...one day said whatever...switched his gender to female and got the call next day...coincidence? They loved his story and hired him in interview.
Cool story bro.
Gutsy move Mav.
Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Quote: No personal dog in the fight, since I'm retiring soon and not applying anywhere, but can someone show me these "diversity boxes" people check on applications to move to the front of the line? Because after decades in this business and many airlines, I've never seen one.

Quit making excuses for why you didn't get hired/interviewed.
You said it yourself.

You are retiring soon.

You didn’t come up in our era, so you probably have different circles of coworkers and acquaintances.

Many (not all) of the minorities I know have advanced to legacies much more quickly. All my WASPy friends were at military/regional jobs for about ten years before hitting a legacy.

I have a hard time remembering many minorities who even put in three years in the coal mines of regionals. I can think of a couple who got snatched up in their first year.

I even know of a couple of women who were hired at you-know-exactly-where in the late 80s or early 90s who only had a brand new commercial pilot certificate. Right from a Cessna or piper to a Boeing.

Don’t go and try to tell anyone it’s a level playing field. It certainly isn’t.

The reason fewer minorities are represented is because far fewer are pilots. The ones who are usually have a golden career at their disposal.

There most certainly is preferential hiring going on.
Quote: You said it yourself.

You are retiring soon.

You didn’t come up in our era, so you probably have different circles of coworkers and acquaintances.

Many (not all) of the minorities I know have advanced to legacies much more quickly. All my WASPy friends were at military/regional jobs for about ten years before hitting a legacy.

I have a hard time remembering many minorities who even put in three years in the coal mines of regionals. I can think of a couple who got snatched up in their first year.

I even know of a couple of women who were hired at you-know-exactly-where in the late 80s or early 90s who only had a brand new commercial pilot certificate. Right from a Cessna or piper to a Boeing.

Don’t go and try to tell anyone it’s a level playing field. It certainly isn’t.

The reason fewer minorities are represented is because far fewer are pilots. The ones who are usually have a golden career at their disposal.

There most certainly is preferential hiring going on.
https://www.alliedpilots.org/Committ...ership/NewHire

Oh yes, women/minorities taking over.
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  24 
Page 14 of 25
Go to