Recent FedEx 767 delivery flight

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
There were some great shots posted by some photographers to Twitter as this aircraft waited it's turn behind a whole bunch of old warbirds!

https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/1020437562161168384

I was wondering if the delivery pilots are forum members and took any pics or movies from their vantage point. From what I understand the warbirds drowned out the FedEx for quite a while.
Quote: There were some great shots posted by some photographers to Twitter as this aircraft waited it's turn behind a whole bunch of old warbirds!

https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status...37562161168384

I was wondering if the delivery pilots are forum members and took any pics or movies from their vantage point. From what I understand the warbirds drowned out the FedEx for quite a while.
Airline pilots can't do that stuff, FAA says so.
Quote: Airline pilots can't do that stuff, FAA says so.
Pilots can't get held up, or take pictures? Of course a pilot can take a picture. Don't be ridiculous.

The 767 isn't held up by the piston airplanes. The A26 is on the taxiing onto the runway, and the other three are holding short, possibly doing runups. There's a fuel truck "in the way" too, so there's no appearance of the radial airplanes holding anybody up.

The two B25's are noisy in taxi because 7 of the 14 cylinders on each engine only have short-stacks; exhausts that are only 3-4" long, while the top cylinders use a collector that produces the "radial sound" that most are familiar with. The P51 and A26 aren't loud in taxi or the runup, really. I used to sit between four engines from the B25, and used a sound meter to record the decibel level in the cockpit at idle and takeoff. I'd have to go dig for the readings, but I did a comparison by standing at the departure end with the db meter while an F-16 departed in afterburner; it was louder in the airplane at idle than standing next to the F-16.

And my kids wonder why I'm deaf.
Whenever I see an A-26, I think of “Duke Elegant”.
If you haven’t read his tale yet, here it is:

The Big Chill -Tales of an old aviator -Duke Elegant
I remember Duke.

From fires, a lot of that is strangely familiar. At least in the good old days. It's not like that, now.

The good old days make great stories, but weren't that good.

Be sure to post it up on your Instagram.
That information is not correct. How about the regulatory references, chief legal counsel interpretations, and federal register preambles?
Quote: That information is not correct. How about the regulatory references, chief legal counsel interpretations, and federal register preambles?
I've read them and so have you.
That's fine. You made the statement and can't defend it except with cartoons. Enough said.
Quote: That's fine. You made the statement and can't defend it except with cartoons. Enough said.
If you think pulling out your film camera during taxi to snap pics is OK then were not even in the same universe. During cruise, does it have batteries? auto focus? Looks like 60K airline pilots got it wrong but JB got it right! Whatever.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to