Class Drop List

Subscribe
138  188  228  234  235  236  237  238  239  240  241  242 
Page 238 of 245
Go to
Quote: for now at least. Looking at the staffing numbers, I imagine there's a reshuffle in the near future
possibly to coincide with the PHX bid
Okay so what are the seniority numbers of the guys on the bottom of the OCL and DCL reserve lists today? I think I probably need to get back into a 121 PIC job in order to get the interviews that I actually want, but being based in ORD is a pretty high priority. Sort of a bad spot to be in b/c I know I'll have to sit reserve wherever I go, but I can be happy as long as I can do it in ORD.
Quote: Okay so what are the seniority numbers of the guys on the bottom of the OCL and DCL reserve lists today? I think I probably need to get back into a 121 PIC job in order to get the interviews that I actually want, but being based in ORD is a pretty high priority. Sort of a bad spot to be in b/c I know I'll have to sit reserve wherever I go, but I can be happy as long as I can do it in ORD.
Currently- newhire CA in DFW, 2 years on property MIA, 4 years - ORD. Again, this is very unusual, so anyone's guess what the next bid brings (besides PHX base)
If I had to guess, I'd say DFW got loaded up with CA in anticipation of some of them leaving for PHX. ORD was, historically, the junior base. Now - TBD.
Two pages ago it says the September 5th class was given a choice of ORD CA or FO or DFW FO, all on the E175. Perhaps they aren’t far enough along in training to show up on the list?
Quote: Two pages ago it says the September 5th class was given a choice of ORD CA or FO or DFW FO, all on the E175. Perhaps they aren’t far enough along in training to show up on the list?
Looks like everyone in the 5 September class shows on the flow plan as either DFL for the first four, or DCL.
Quote: Two pages ago it says the September 5th class was given a choice of ORD CA or FO or DFW FO, all on the E175. Perhaps they aren’t far enough along in training to show up on the list?
All of the CAs in that class that got awarded ORD got displaced to DFW.
ORD is senior right now, you have senior 145 pilots jumping to the 175 and displacing the most junior pilots here, makes the whole base senior. I think it will be that way for a while until everyone that wants to be at ORD can get it.

DFW is also seemingly enormous right now, probably staffed larger to handle the beginnings of the PHX flying.
Quote: ORD is senior right now, you have senior 145 pilots jumping to the 175 and displacing the most junior pilots here, makes the whole base senior. I think it will be that way for a while until everyone that wants to be at ORD can get it.

DFW is also seemingly enormous right now, probably staffed larger to handle the beginnings of the PHX flying.
Thanks everyone. This is similar to what I had heard a number of weeks ago from someone else outside of Envoy. I wanted to get a better answer from someone at the company. Hopefully, it's something that can be altogether avoided anyway if other options work out.
I can't offer first-hand knowledge but I have a trusted former colleqgue that recently finished training and provided some good insight so I'll share what I know. His e-mail to me posted with permission:

"Right now it is all direct-entry captains every class with a few FO exceptions, DFW based. That might change in 2 weeks. MIA is senior and ORD will be as well, for now. Everything is in flux right now with two major considerations in the company.... phasing out the E145 by the end of 2023 Q1, and gradually adding E175 PHX flying with the opening of the PHX base to be determined as more airplanes are delivered. They are committed to be a 200 airplane fleet so the growth is there. So many moving parts that nobody really knows who will end up where but the company has been as transparent as possible based upon the information they are given from AA for what flying needs to be covered. It sounds like once the company is satisfied that they have enough captains to cover the flying that American has given them, and they can get the E145 to E175 transition folks through the pipeline, the focus will turn back to cadets and FO hiring for those that need ATP-CTP. The training department right now simply cannot handle anything beyond getting captains on the line as quickly as possible and doing transition training.They are short instructors too. For someone that is a cadet and really wants to be at Envoy, just sit tight a few more months and they will be getting things in order. In the meantime it's critical coverage and everyone is maxxed out even on reserve."

My personal opinion on this pretty much mirrors the advice above. Sounds like Envoy is a great place to be right now so if you can stand a few extra months being put off by recruiting if you are low time. If not then there are plenty of options. If you are a DEC, this is probably a great option with all the money they are throwing at everybody. Everyone's situation is unique. What do those kids say nowadays, YMMV your mileage may vary or something like that. Trust me I'm no expert, I was teaching college students in a Florida CFI class and everyone wanted to go to Endeavor 6 months ago, but not so much anymore. Amazing how this industry changes so quickly.
Training Wait
Anyone have an idea of how the timeframe for INDOC? I've been waiting a while and have been told they have no idea when it will be available. Kinda sucks just waiting especially around the end of the year. I know other places are hiring and starting in weeks. Its been over a month now.
Ummm.... I think I just spelled it out for you in my post above and if I receive any other information I'll share it with you. I encourage you to reach out to your airline of choice, it sounds like Envoy is backed up as said above.
138  188  228  234  235  236  237  238  239  240  241  242 
Page 238 of 245
Go to