Latest on Tradewind Aviation

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 12 of 17
Go to
FO
Did anyone recently get hired at Tradewind? If so, what hours are competitive for FO?
Quote: Did anyone recently get hired at Tradewind? If so, what hours are competitive for FO?
From what I understand 700+ total time and nearing or past 100 of night is ideal. Night flying is not too common here and many FOs find it a bottleneck to their CA upgrade. That being said I’ve seen talented new hires with 300-450 here recently.
Quote: Did anyone recently get hired at Tradewind? If so, what hours are competitive for FO?
I had an HR interview about 2 weeks ago that went well. That being said I got the thanks but no thanks email about a week later. I had about 600 hours at the time.
FO
Quote: From what I understand 700+ total time and nearing or past 100 of night is ideal. Night flying is not too common here and many FOs find it a bottleneck to their CA upgrade. That being said I’ve seen talented new hires with 300-450 here recently.
I applied a little over three weeks ago with 830TT and haven’t heard back… I now have around 930, so my TT should be competitive. Only hiccup, I have a little over 25 hours of night.
Quote: I applied a little over three weeks ago with 830TT and haven’t heard back… I now have around 930, so my TT should be competitive. Only hiccup, I have a little over 25 hours of night.
huge hiccup… I had 750/70 when hired and that was a little low for the night time. I’ve only flown 10hrs night this last summer season. They really want 70-80 at the BARE MIN for night from what I can tell. Best of luck 🫡
The SIC training contract is now $35,000. No details on if the pro-rate aspect has changed (percentage wise) but it is 35k or one year as PIC.

Management is making a poor decision with this one... they are desperate to keep PICs but the company culture they are going to create with enslaved pilots will be the death of them. "Come for the pay stay for the QOL" is the way they will keep the pilots coming and staying, instead their model is "come for the hours, stay because you can't leave."

Grow the jet fleet, pay the pilots more across the board (especially PICs) and give them something to look forward to that ISN'T "my next airline"
Quote: The SIC training contract is now $35,000. No details on if the pro-rate aspect has changed (percentage wise) but it is 35k or one year as PIC.

Management is making a poor decision with this one... they are desperate to keep PICs but the company culture they are going to create with enslaved pilots will be the death of them. "Come for the pay stay for the QOL" is the way they will keep the pilots coming and staying, instead their model is "come for the hours, stay because you can't leave."

Grow the jet fleet, pay the pilots more across the board (especially PICs) and give them something to look forward to that ISN'T "my next airline"
Check your PMs
From what I can tell, TW is having many people withdraw from class dates due to the high contract. Not surprising
Shame about the absurd contract. It is a fantastic company and you'll do some incredible flying there.
Can confirm both of the above are true. They’re also not fully disclosing it until candidates complete interview… management acts out of touch w the reality that most people want to leave sooner than later and they maybe not so much gaslight as they do downplay the enormity of a $35k commitment. To fly a PILATUS.

Dera is right though, I do enjoy the flying here and it’s a great place to get started in the industry but damn that chance is making the pilots resentful of this “opportunity” they’ve been given.
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 12 of 17
Go to