57  107  147  153  154  155  156  157  158  159  160  161  167  207  257 
Page 157 of 326
Go to
Quote: Nobody is denying that.
Now tell me why the difference between 1st and 2nd year pay is $120k
We’re all listening.
Unions.................

But i'll explain it in more detail because you appear to be challenged:

Ups doesn't pay well the first year as a probationary haze and a battle between management and the union. It has nothing to do with retention. There is essentially zero loss of pilots to other carriers. Essentially zero = 0 to 1 per year.

Atlas pays poorly overall due to issues outside this discussion. Atlas pays extremely poorly during training and afterwards caps you at 50 hrs to recoup the cost of the training and to attempt to manipulate your cost-benefit analysis. I.e. does it make sense to quit my regional job that pays XXXX dollars and then go to atlas for a "FREE" type rating, but then I only get XXXX-YYYY dollars, which is a net loss at some point.

But anyway, there is more to the equation, such as many atlas folks get picked up somewhere else....but also many atlas folks get stuck there forever. Never underestimate the un-hire-ability of the average socially awkward, chip-on-his-shoulder kid at atlas though...

Also don't take anything that I wrote as some kind of issue with atlas...i personally think the job is just as good as any other out there. I think the whiny snowflakes that work there just hype the BS..
Quote: Is it weird that someone who interviewed 6 weeks after me is getting a class date 6 weeks ahead of me on the same type? Surprised it’s not first in first out. Still thankful for my class date and looking forward to it, but it would be nice to have it moved up sooner is all & just curious. Could it be qualifications?
I will quote my wife when I start trying to think through why something is the way it is here at Atlas.

"It's Atlas".

That is all. Don't overthink it. Trying to figure this place out is about as productive as going to the pet store for help with your taxes. We have 37 Vice Presidents protecting the C-suite from reality, while everyone from the Director level down is swamped and up to their eyeballs in alligators.

I recommend reading one of these books in preparation for your new job. Seriously. Book 1 Book 2 . This job works for many of us, and it certainly can be interesting. But it has to be kept in its proper place in your life.
Quote: I’m just wanting to get the 777 type and bail ATLAS. 737 type would be nice also for the SWA app.
Please make sure to tell all of your classmates that that if you are hired.
Quote: Is it weird that someone who interviewed 6 weeks after me is getting a class date 6 weeks ahead of me on the same type? Surprised it’s not first in first out. Still thankful for my class date and looking forward to it, but it would be nice to have it moved up sooner is all & just curious. Could it be qualifications?
Qualifications... perhaps. Or maybe more like UPS and ranked not only within your interview group, but you were ranked overall amongst your peers from other interview groups en masse that were accepted into the pool. Or, they just forgot.

*Former Squadron Commander and myself interviewed during the same week many moons ago. He was puzzled why they called me a couple of days earlier than him, citing that he interviewed earlier in the week and his last name was at the forefront of the alphabet vs mine being closer to the end.

To this day I remember telling him it’s how you did in your interview and we are all ranked from the absolute best candidate to the barely made it candidate. Made it up, thought it was funny - not so sure now.

No worries, such is life - as 742Dash said before “It’s Atlas”
Quote: I will quote my wife when I start trying to think through why something is the way it is here at Atlas.

"It's Atlas".

That is all. Don't overthink it. Trying to figure this place out is about as productive as going to the pet store for help with your taxes. We have 37 Vice Presidents protecting the C-suite from reality, while everyone from the Director level down is swamped and up to their eyeballs in alligators.

I recommend reading one of these books in preparation for your new job. Seriously. Book 1 Book 2 . This job works for many of us, and it certainly can be interesting. But it has to be kept in its proper place in your life.

I didn't look at the books yet but other than that this is my most favouratist post here ever.
Quote: Because that's not how this works and you know it. When delta doesn't send you an invite, do you keep calling them like a crazy ex-girlfriend everyday asking what mistake they made?

They didn't make a mistake.....
Ok you do not get it, it is OK
Do the prime flights use the callsign Amazon air?

Also does anyone know if atlas/southern hire instructors directly or are they former line pilots?
Quote: Do the prime flights use the callsign Amazon air?

Also does anyone know if atlas/southern hire instructors directly or are they former line pilots?
No. The Amazon flights for Atlas are operated under the "Giant" callsign. For Southern, they use the Southern Air callsign.

Almost all instructors for Atlas are on the seniority list. There are a few contractor instructors, but they're mostly former line pilots. I'm not sure about the situation at Southern, but I believe that it's similar.
Quote: No. The Amazon flights for Atlas are operated under the "Giant" callsign. For Southern, they use the Southern Air callsign.

Almost all instructors for Atlas are on the seniority list. There are a few contractor instructors, but they're mostly former line pilots. I'm not sure about the situation at Southern, but I believe that it's similar.
Most of Southern’s instructors are current line pilots, there a couple of retired pilots, plus a handful of highly experienced contractors.
Ok thanks, appreciate it.
57  107  147  153  154  155  156  157  158  159  160  161  167  207  257 
Page 157 of 326
Go to