Atlas / Southern

Subscribe
215  265  305  311  312  313  314  315  316  317  318  319  325 
Page 315 of 326
Go to
Quote: Awesome man welcome!😎

Ontario to my knowledge has a lot of Honolulu and now Anchorage flying.
Anchorage seems to be mixed into CVG as well. I don't remember seeing it in ONT this bid package, but yes - lots of Hawaii.
Quote: Yes it's a mix and depends on which base you have. At CVG we have a nice mix of domestic Amazon and DHL with some Asian rice runs on the side. We also get some interesting extra stuff like flights to Amsterdam or Anchorage.

JFK also has a nice mix of European and Middle East flying.
​​​​​​
overall the 76 is a goldilock of a fleet: good mix, good schedules and mix of ETOPS from time to time
The only complaint from the 767: pay. The rest, as this guy says, is good.
Quote: The only complaint from the 767: pay. The rest, as this guy says, is good.
I agree. I'm quite happy on the 76 and appreciate the variety it gives. One month I feel like going to Asia. The next month I'll take some domestic hub turns. The next month some nat track Etops.

Then of course there's some nice Tampa reserve....but that goes quite senior
Thank you all for the insightful posts, Atlas/Southern was rec'd to me by a couple of senior 74 bubbas and a 73 line check airman, but it is good to hear POV's from other folks within the companies. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but will the end of Southern at the end of the year mean Atlas will be operating 73's or will the formerly Southern 73's go to someone else?
Quote: Thank you all for the insightful posts, Atlas/Southern was rec'd to me by a couple of senior 74 bubbas and a 73 line check airman, but it is good to hear POV's from other folks within the companies. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but will the end of Southern at the end of the year mean Atlas will be operating 73's or will the formerly Southern 73's go to someone else?
Once the JCBA/SOC is complete, there will no longer be a Southern Air. At that point, there will be one Atlas seniority list of pilot who operate 747/777/767/737.
Quote:
“Someone set us up the bomb”

This is a classic. The full video worth a watch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jQE66WA2s-A
Quote: Thanks. I’m starting class in Sept and will be trying to get to ONT ASAP.
Welcome aboard. You will probably enjoy it and if not you’ll move on as it’s a good start from what I gather your previous gig might have been. You’ll see a few select long haul runs sporadically available but not like what you were used to. Ups and downs here and there but you’re already acclimated to that. Hopefully it will meet your family needs if that’s a factor and yours. Hopefully by Sept it might be a tad better as well. It has its merits no doubt as I sit here in Landstuhl (familiar to you probably) on a cool rainy morning chimes ringing.
Base Seniority
What is the order of bases from junior to senior? In a good hiring environment with people coming in under you, how long would it take to move in to the various bases?
Quote: What is the order of bases from junior to senior? In a good hiring environment with people coming in under you, how long would it take to move in to the various bases?
ANc
CVG
LAX
ORD
JFK
MIA

MEM is opening soon, I expect that to go senior maybe.
215  265  305  311  312  313  314  315  316  317  318  319  325 
Page 315 of 326
Go to