Atlas / Southern

Subscribe
19  59  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  79  119  169 
Page 69 of 326
Go to
Hi everyone,
i know it's contentious, but my airline has recently anounced they're closing it's doors at years end- no prizes for knowing who... I've put an application into Atlas and the ICIIMS website job status is saying,"hidden", is this a kind way of saying unsuccessful?? Haha!
​​​​Please don't berate me and tell me how bad it is and stuff, I'm just trying to get into the widebody game and see how I like the Cargo side of life... Beats whinging customers surely!!!
Quote: Hi everyone,
i know it's contentious, but my airline has recently anounced they're closing it's doors at years end- no prizes for knowing who... I've put an application into Atlas and the ICIIMS website job status is saying,"hidden", is this a kind way of saying unsuccessful?? Haha!
​​​​Please don't berate me and tell me how bad it is and stuff, I'm just trying to get into the widebody game and see how I like the Cargo side of life... Beats whinging customers surely!!!
Just curious. Why would you leave a company that’s announced its closing it’s doors to a company that might do the same inside the next 5 years? Or at the very least a company whose management that has let it slip they want to sell parts of Atlas off?
All good pal,
My point of view is that I am a pilot, not a business person and I try to stay away from politics, there must be money still being made, otherwise engines do not turn- but that's just my opinion, I would love to fly long haul, obviously after the honeymoon period I'll be a salty old dawg, but until then, just ride the wave!

Atleast in 5 years I'll maybe be able to apply to many other companies etc. Or be a really over qualified (or under?? ) checkout assistant at the local grocery store. �
If you just need a job ASAP to keep your mortgage payment going, I understand. A job is a job. But understand that things are extremely tenuous here right now. A lot of us are doubting if the company will still be in the business of employing pilots within a couple of years.

We've had fairly senior captains leave Atlas for JetBlue, Spirit, Frontier, etc. We've also had multiple 747 FOs (highest paid FO position) leave Atlas to go back to regional airlines. If you can get on with a ULCC (or even a different ACMI), I would make that your first choice.
Quote: Hi everyone,
If you do apply get the interview, then hired. Make sure your on the 747 or 767. A quicker upgrade on the 767 right now.
Also have you applied to Kalitta?
Quote: If you do apply get the interview, then hired. Make sure your on the 747 or 767. A quicker upgrade on the 767 right now.
Also have you applied to Kalitta?
777 has a faster upgrade than both right now, and would make more than the 76 FWIW.
Quote: No new hire is staying? Are they getting typed and leaving? is it that hard to jump to another acmi or ulcc from this company?

Kalitta is hiring type rated 777 pilots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: We should seriously defund that obsolete garbage. And this isn't me trolling either.
if this doesn’t put them out of business what will?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...liam-flynn.amp
Amtrak deserves everything that happens to them. Airlines bring out the "true scumbag" in CEO's and Flynn was truly a dirt bag CEO. Horrible resume. Not at all surprised if Amtrak is out of business by years end.
Quote: Amtrak deserves everything that happens to them. Airlines bring out the "true scumbag" in CEO's and Flynn was truly a dirt bag CEO. Horrible resume. Not at all surprised if Amtrak is out of business by years end.
I'm old enough to remember Atlas pilots acting like he was the savior of the airline... I couldn't agree more though. He was a complete scumbag who destroyed a ton of promising careers.
19  59  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  79  119  169 
Page 69 of 326
Go to