Envoy 2019

Subscribe
64  114  154  160  161  162  163  164  165  166  167  168  174  214 
Page 164 of 229
Go to
Quote: what’s the best way to get involved with the union. I was thinking of becoming a P2P for now, how would I go about doing that?
Show up to something and corner someone. They mostly ignore emails offering help from what I've seen & experienced.
Quote: Show up to something and corner someone. They mostly ignore emails offering help from what I've seen & experienced.
Me too. Sent an email asking about how to participate in particular area/committee. Got a response asking if I ever flew at a particular flight school during a certain time period (nearly 20 years ago, and no, not even in the area) and what base I'm currently at.

I answered, never a response afterward.

At least tell me all your positions are filled for now... or I think you'd suck at this or... something...
Out of curiosity, can anyone give some insight on where the guidance is that all pilots on probation need to check in with the CPO at the 6,9, and 12 month points? My understanding was that at 12 months, you’d check in just to essentially get the asterisk removed by your name on the flight release docs, but never heard of the 6 and 9 month requirement before today’s HI6 out of NYC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Out of curiosity, can anyone give some insight on where the guidance is that all pilots on probation need to check in with the CPO at the 6,9, and 12 month points? My understanding was that at 12 months, you’d check in just to essentially get the asterisk removed by your name on the flight release docs, but never heard of the 6 and 9 month requirement before today’s HI6 out of NYC.

I never checked in not even once, never got a call from anyone either.
Quote: I never checked in not even once, never got a call from anyone either.

Thanks, me either, but trying to figure out whether or not I’m supposed to be preaching this “requirement” to check in at 6,9,and 12 months to my students. I didn’t see it in FM-1 or the Union new hire guide.

Contract only says probation is 12 months. Does not state when probation review is done. Section 14.
I am going to go with the review is at companies discretion, but you can have union representing at the review as per section 14 of the contract.
They now do a 6 and 9 month reviews. It takes 5-10 minutes. You'll get an HI6 when you should go do it. It's a "when in town, come say hi"., nothing scheduled. They check your attendance and probie reports.
What probie reports
Quote: What probie reports
The ones some captains write.
Quote: They now do a 6 and 9 month reviews. It takes 5-10 minutes. You'll get an HI6 when you should go do it. It's a "when in town, come say hi"., nothing scheduled. They check your attendance and probie reports.
They did not care about my probie reports at all, all they looked at was the HI10 (sick calls). This was to get off probation @ 12 months
64  114  154  160  161  162  163  164  165  166  167  168  174  214 
Page 164 of 229
Go to