NetJets Hiring Process

Subscribe
23  63  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  83  123 
Page 73 of 141
Go to
Quote: I’ve advised all my friends who still have training contracts applying here the same thing. It would be well worth it to pay it off, take the financial hit, then make up the money with FDP or by staying out an extra day or two.
I decided on a December class date, it hurts to see people start before me and knowing I’ll be junior to them. I’ve got family vacation in November and my whole reason for the career swap is be around for big events in my kids lives. Missed out on too much and I’d hate to start the rest of my career at Netjets missing out on another big family memory. It’s a tough pill to swallow but I’ll be around for 40 more years so I’ll make up for the lost 100 seniority slots.
Quote: I decided on a December class date, it hurts to see people start before me and knowing I’ll be junior to them. I’ve got family vacation in November and my whole reason for the career swap is be around for big events in my kids lives. Missed out on too much and I’d hate to start the rest of my career at Netjets missing out on another big family memory. It’s a tough pill to swallow but I’ll be around for 40 more years so I’ll make up for the lost 100 seniority slots.
Congrats and welcome to NetJets.
Quick thumbs down
Just curious from those in the know...
I got the TBNT letter about 6 days after....I had 0 recs and 2 failures back in the 80s. More than enough qualifications etc. Do the recs make or break an application?
Quote: Just curious from those in the know...
I got the TBNT letter about 6 days after....I had 0 recs and 2 failures back in the 80s. More than enough qualifications etc. Do the recs make or break an application?
I wouldn't think so. I start class on Oct. 11th, and had zero recommendations from anyone at the company.
Quote: Yup, sorry for the inaccurate website info.
Thanks ASA for the correction. Is it possible to edit a post after the fact? Seems the edit button disappears quite soon after you post. I'd like to fix it for guy looking in the future.
Sweet, had a look on there. So am I right in assuming there is a written test and technical questions at some point during the interview?

Thanks for your help. Just trying to get a good understanding of what to expect
Quote: I decided on a December class date, it hurts to see people start before me and knowing I’ll be junior to them. I’ve got family vacation in November and my whole reason for the career swap is be around for big events in my kids lives. Missed out on too much and I’d hate to start the rest of my career at Netjets missing out on another big family memory. It’s a tough pill to swallow but I’ll be around for 40 more years so I’ll make up for the lost 100 seniority slots.
You're 40 then?

Yes, we have a couple pilots over 80. Scary, huh?
Quote: Just curious from those in the know...
Hmmm, interesting...May I ask how long after your initial application did you get a call?
Quote: You're 40 then?

Yes, we have a couple pilots over 80. Scary, huh?
Ha! I wouldn’t want to work till I’m 80! I’m assuming by the time I’m 65 there will be a mandatory retirement for 135 operations too. But if life is good to me hopefully I’ll be able to retire prior to that anyways
Quote: I wouldn't think so. I start class on Oct. 11th, and had zero recommendations from anyone at the company.
same here; zero recommendations. I just applied and got an email the next morning for the 13/14 expo. Got the offer on Friday.
Congratulations to all those who are coming to NetJets! You'll find it an amazing company and a historic opportunity at this time. The September Indoc class just finished Friday. It was also aircraft assignment day (there is no bidding for aircraft assignments as a new-hire). The September class has new-hires going to every fleet, except large cabins (CL-650, Global, Gulfstream). You heard that right. New-hires were assigned to the Phenom, XLS, Sovereign, Latitude, Longitude, and CL-350!

Of course, as they say in the investment business: "Past performance is no guarantee of future success". But it's clear that the growth in demand, ownership, and airplanes is resulting in unprecedented opportunities for the pilots at NJ.
23  63  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  83  123 
Page 73 of 141
Go to