Possible Plane Order

Subscribe
22  62  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76 
Page 72 of 82
Go to
Seems to be the pattern the last few years.
Quote: I suspect they will slow after the new year (just my guess) again this hiring wave is a knee jerk reaction to being understaffed this spring/summer. I’d love to be wrong (I’d be happy to move up the seniority list) but I’m also realistic and haven’t drank Any kool-aid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They announced this kind of hiring through next year, something like 600 NHs in the next 12 months is what the email said
Did anyone see that Embraer E2 at FLL? I know Embraer has a big facility there too. Maybe another look for Spirit?
Ted said no embraer at the last upgrade class. He said that we were “in the bottom of the 9th” on announcing an order and that Airbus was very nervous. Take that fwiw.

Quote: Ted said no embraer at the last upgrade class. He said that we were “in the bottom of the 9th” on announcing an order and that Airbus was very nervous. Take that fwiw.

According to him in a QUARTERLY EARNINGS CALL!!! we would be announcing an order end of August or beginning of September. Our stock price after that should tell you everything you need to know about what Wall Street thinks of that.
Quote: According to him in a QUARTERLY EARNINGS CALL!!! we would be announcing an order end of August or beginning of September. Our stock price after that should tell you everything you need to know about what Wall Street thinks of that.

I don’t think wall street cares about the order.... the pilots do. Wall Street doesn’t like the meltdowns .

Quote: I don’t think wall street cares about the order.... the pilots do.
Very much this. In and of itself, a large airplane order represents a large amount of debt on the balance sheet.

It’s the airline equivalent of building a new factory or opening a bunch of new retail stores. Growth is good, as long as that growth is profitable at the same time.
Quote: I don’t think wall street cares about the order.... the pilots do. Wall Street doesn’t like the meltdowns .

Wall Street cares about revenue growth. A new airplane order would indicate Spirit actually has a plan beyond the next few years (as current orders continue to be delivered). My ongoing concern relates to a potential MAX order which would SUCK for both passengers (the Airbus is more comfortable than the 737 tube) and for crews (5-6 hour transcon flights in a 737 cockpit would be torture - ask any SWA pilot). Crossing my fingers the MAX theory/possibility is FALSE!
Quote: Wall Street cares about revenue growth. A new airplane order would indicate Spirit actually has a plan beyond the next few years (as current orders continue to be delivered). My ongoing concern relates to a potential MAX order which would SUCK for both passengers (the Airbus is more comfortable than the 737 tube) and for crews (5-6 hour transcon flights in a 737 cockpit would be torture - ask any SWA pilot). Crossing my fingers the MAX theory/possibility is FALSE!

If we get the Max, it’s because it was a good deal, which will be good for investors. As far as comfort, they are comparable from a passenger standpoint. For the crews, it’s a different story.

Quote: Wall Street cares about revenue growth. A new airplane order would indicate Spirit actually has a plan beyond the next few years (as current orders continue to be delivered). My ongoing concern relates to a potential MAX order which would SUCK for both passengers (the Airbus is more comfortable than the 737 tube) and for crews (5-6 hour transcon flights in a 737 cockpit would be torture - ask any SWA pilot). Crossing my fingers the MAX theory/possibility is FALSE!
To that end, I would rather fly a 737-200 than a max. Unless there's an MCAS "Pull to Remove ECU" option, it's going to be hard to sell a pilot community that the bird is safe.

I'm liking the comment a few above about the boss saying we're in the ninth inning though. Naive? perhaps. Nothing in aviation gets done on time though.
22  62  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76 
Page 72 of 82
Go to