Hiring / training

Subscribe
13  63  103  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  123  163  213 
Page 113 of 451
Go to
Quote: Very explanatory, thanks.

So, for the purpose of Airline Apps I guess I'll use my logged PIC flight time under 61.51 instead of my time as the PIC under 1.1 and I'll just be entirely upfront about it on my resume (and try to get some face time at an event)

Or, should I go piddle around in a C152 to make up the difference because that's some valuable PIC experience, being the guy signed for a $15,000 aircraft.
you can absolutely do that... it’s 500 pic in a fixed wing airplane... that’s what they want so give it to em... your solo time counts as pic... flying your gf or bf around the patch when you were 16 is pic... don’t look into something that’s not there
Quote: I haven’t met too many Frontier pilots in my travels. The few I’ve talked to like the company.

Looking to find a MCO based airline and stay there. All the airlines pay enough to make me happy. Care more about culture, pilot community, and schedule. Most of you Frontier pilots happy there? Happy enough to make it a career without hopping?

Thanks for any input..

Fly Safe
JetBlue hiring window is open. I’d go with that.
Quote: I’m an MCO FO. I love it here and stopped updating apps elsewhere over a year ago. I think you’re likely to move up the ranks among MCO FOs fairy quickly but my guess is you’ll see some stagnation around the top 25% mark. Don’t expect to hold MCO captain in the next decade + unless management decides to grow the base. Most MCO captains live in base and the majority are under 55 years old. Not to mention several pilots have recently bid into Orlando and accompanied the bid with a move. Orlando is becoming senior fairly quickly.
I guess you’re not the MCO FO that got fired in November.
lucky.
Quote: I guess you’re not the MCO FO that got fired in November.
lucky.
That’s news to me. I know we had one of the senior FOs retire within the last 6 months because they hit 65. Haven’t heard of anyone getting fired.
Quote: That’s news to me. I know we had one of the senior FOs retire within the last 6 months because they hit 65. Haven’t heard of anyone getting fired.
There was someone on the JetBlue boards, apparently from F9, claiming he got canned for being out on medical leave. Even though he was able to maintain a 1st class medical the whole time? It sorta of sounded like he was one of the ones using “extra” sick time during negotiations. I’m hoping that’s not the case.
To the OP, yes I’m happy at F9. I don’t see myself going anywhere. Great crews to work with.
Quote: There was someone on the JetBlue boards, apparently from F9, claiming he got canned for being out on medical leave. Even though he was able to maintain a 1st class medical the whole time? It sorta of sounded like he was one of the ones using “extra” sick time during negotiations. I’m hoping that’s not the case.
To the OP, yes I’m happy at F9. I don’t see myself going anywhere. Great crews to work with.
It was FiFi
Quote: I guess you’re not the MCO FO that got fired in November.
lucky.
Spill the beans. I’m truly sorry you’re in this predicament, but your story is a little curious. Can you share details? Maybe it’ll help the rest of us stay off the dancing carpet?
Thanks for the input. I’ll be applying. What employees say goes a long way.

cheers
Can anyone fill me in on the hat you pay for health insurance at F9? I would get a family plan.

Just trying to figure out all the finances.
Quote: It was FiFi
Spill the beans. I’m truly sorry you’re in this predicament, but your story is a little curious. Can you share details? Maybe it’ll help the rest of us stay off the dancing carpet?
Don’t get hammered at work and call in sick after your report time.
Just curious if anyone had any solid numbers of new hires that started last Monday? Also heard a class this Monday?
13  63  103  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  123  163  213 
Page 113 of 451
Go to