Hiring / training

Subscribe
98  148  188  194  195  196  197  198  199  200  201  202  208  248  298 
Page 198 of 451
Go to
Quote: Crashpads! No airlines based in TPA before, so crashpads are very limited. I’m not saying there isn’t any, just saying it’s very very limited options.
I was casually considering moving there
Quote: How do you have 14 years at a regional with only 6000 TT.
Sim instructor, chief pilot or assistant, special projects, union guy, medical, military duty, etc etc.
Maybe he forgot a zero, and has 60,000 hours?
I average around 50 to 60 hours per month and owned a small business.. It's been a good work-life balance. I have since made aviation a primary career.
Quote: I average around 50 to 60 hours per month and owned a small business.. It's been a good work-life balance. I have since made aviation a primary career.

That’s great. What regional let’s you consistently fly 50 hours a month?
Quote: That’s great. What regional let’s you consistently fly 50 hours a month?
I got away with it most mos at Republic (before Covid), don't know if it's still the same.

Once you get a little seniority it's not usually difficult to give away pairings to hungrier pilots.
Quote: That’s great. What regional let’s you consistently fly 50 hours a month?

As others have indicated here with high seniority and the ability to utilize vacation and swapping it hasn't been terribly difficult.

Some companies mandate and even put in hard restrictions that do not allow crew members to drop below a predetermined threshold. That is not the case at my employer.
Hiring / training
Quote: As others have indicated here with high seniority and the ability to utilize vacation and swapping it hasn't been terribly difficult.

Some companies mandate and even put in hard restrictions that do not allow crew members to drop below a predetermined threshold. That is not the case at my employer.

I think it’s great you were able to do that but a recruiter may see that and think something is off. Only saying this because it’s the only reason I can think of as to why you aren’t getting a call.
Quote: I think it’s great you were able to do that but a recruiter may see that and think something is off. Only saying this because it’s the only reason I can think of as to why you aren’t getting a call.
Ironically I just received the outmatch assessment invite.
Quote: As others have indicated here with high seniority and the ability to utilize vacation and swapping it hasn't been terribly difficult.

After speaking to a few pilots that are part of the hiring process apparently airline apps are the ones pulling applications for the most part. HR gives them some parameters but nobody really knows what those are. At least the ones I spoke with didn’t and thier the ones conducting interviews. That was as of a few weeks ago anyhow.
98  148  188  194  195  196  197  198  199  200  201  202  208  248  298 
Page 198 of 451
Go to