Hiring / training

Subscribe
194  244  284  290  291  292  293  294  295  296  297  298  304  344  394 
Page 294 of 451
Go to
Quote: Just out of curiosity, any advice on here on whether to fly for American or Frontier?

I live in Atlanta and Frontier has a base here. I've also been interested in Frontier from the beginning since they seem to fly to vacations spots which sounds a lot more fun than some of the other places airlines fly too. I'm retiring from the Air Force, so flying for a LCC with about 20% less pay would be worth it for me if the schedule at Frontier is easier though. On the other hand American does pay more and I could commute to Chicago and potentially eventually move there. I checked AA class drops and new hires are going to Chicago and my family lives there so no need for a crashpad. I feel like most will say go American but just thought I'd ask to get some feedback positive or negative either way.
By far the most important aspect of quality of life is commuting vs not commuting.

I'd much rather fly for F9 and not commute than commute to another airline. $20/ hour isn't worth commuting
Quote: I'm pretty sure new hires have gotten ATL.

If you don't, you'll very likely be able to get ATL on the next bid. It's very new still, but the new bases have stayed pretty junior at F9. The only bases that you might not be able to get very quickly are DEN and LAS.
Not currently for ATL, we shall see come this week with the vacancy bid but new hires from April 27 class received MIA with a few (4) in TPA. DEN and LAS are showing likely for some with the vacancy for what it's worth looking at 'What if' in FLICA. But yeah as you say pretty quickly for any base.
Quote: Just out of curiosity, any advice on here on whether to fly for American or Frontier?

I live in Atlanta and Frontier has a base here. I've also been interested in Frontier from the beginning since they seem to fly to vacations spots which sounds a lot more fun than some of the other places airlines fly too. I'm retiring from the Air Force, so flying for a LCC with about 20% less pay would be worth it for me if the schedule at Frontier is easier though. On the other hand American does pay more and I could commute to Chicago and potentially eventually move there. I checked AA class drops and new hires are going to Chicago and my family lives there so no need for a crashpad. I feel like most will say go American but just thought I'd ask to get some feedback positive or negative either way.
Don't pick an airline based on destinations. Those change, as well as the hotels and layovers. Every Marriott or Embassy Suites starts to look the same, eventually. Pick your airline based on: Commute, pay, work rules, seniority progression. You can adjust these as you see fit, but commuting or not is almost always #1 for most people. Why not Delta?
Quote: What is ATL looking like for holding it? I also live there and they told us when I was at the interview (2 weeks ago) you could most likely hold it out of training.
My personal experience with ATL is as follows:

Almost one year on property. get displaced out of my base (rip ORD) and keep getting pushed back one bidding spot per month since I was pushed down there. ORD was senior on the FO side and it looks as if most of them are down in hot-lanta for the time being. Currently looking at two leg commutes to other bases, till our CEO gets his emotions in order...

All that being said, an expectation of getting ATL within 3 months on property is reasonable/probable.
Just wondering what the training footprint has been for the last couple of classes? Ground school and right into the sims or any time off to get home for a day or two, thanks all!
Interview
Got the outmatch assessment late last week, completed it Saturday. Got interview dates today and confirmed a bit ago.

I am using Lori at flytheline for interview prep and aviationinterviews as well. For someone flying 121 currently is the written test hard? Do I need to get Sheppard for it?
Quote: Got the outmatch assessment late last week, completed it Saturday. Got interview dates today and confirmed a bit ago.

I am using Lori at flytheline for interview prep and aviationinterviews as well. For someone flying 121 currently is the written test hard? Do I need to get Sheppard for it?
Don’t leave it to chance. People do fail it. Sheppard and you will almost certainly ace the test.
Quote: Got the outmatch assessment late last week, completed it Saturday. Got interview dates today and confirmed a bit ago.

Yes, get the Sheppard Air interview prep course. It’s 800+ questions, and the one you’ll take is only 20, but at least you’ll know you passed that portion of the interview. It is weighted along with the other portions. Skip all of the calculation questions on the Sheppard prep.
Quote: Just wondering what the training footprint has been for the last couple of classes? Ground school and right into the sims or any time off to get home for a day or two, thanks all!
flip a few pages back. It's been answered.
Application Window?
I assume the application window is closed, even though the APC profile says "Application window on the website is open, with no plans of closing it due to continued interviews."

Am I correct in my assumption?
194  244  284  290  291  292  293  294  295  296  297  298  304  344  394 
Page 294 of 451
Go to