Hiring / training

Subscribe
278  328  368  374  375  376  377  378  379  380  381  382  388  428 
Page 378 of 451
Go to
Quote: Does AQP really cost that much more ? I’m assuming that’s the only reason they have never implemented it?

There were a lot of “changes” that were never implemented. Like the online CBT tests instead of the oral for PCs. Whatever happened to that?
They would have to hire an AQP program manager, develop content/curriculum, approved instructor training, then FAA observed events… it’s a long drawn out process with more jeopardy events (atleast that’s how it was at my previous carrier).
Quote: What’s wrong with the hotel? Never been down there.

Have you not been reading the ALPA emails?
Quote: Has anyone recently gotten a TBNT email?

Question: did they ask you to apply again in 6 months, or 4 months?

I ask this because I applied the first time, it said apply again in 6 months. I applied again, and this time it said apply again in 4 months now, instead of 4.

They aren't taking me in because I failed my initial 121 training. in 4 months, it is time for my recurrent. So I am wondering if 4 months now to re-apply is the norm, or did they do this for me specifically, because they want to see a recurrent under my belt first. Thanks.
my post was just approved.. so just bumping for more visibility on this comment
Quote: my post was just approved.. so just bumping for more visibility on this comment
My friend recently got a TBNT, said to apply again in 6 months. No 121 time, like 1k TPIC in king airs, currently flying a king air. 2500TT I think. I told him to go to a MTC, he should get something from that. If you don't hear anything or do get a TBNT, just show up to a recruiting event. You will get an interiew then.
I had a TBNT last year. Went to a MTC about 2 months after the TBNT email (you need an invite for this event, I emailed them acknowledging my TBNT and just stated I'm still interested and want to learn what I can do to make my app stand out by meeting with a Chief. They were nice enough to invite me without waiting 6 months)

They located my app at the MTC and I was hired that same month. YMMV.
So I recently bombed the psych eval/IQ test, who’s the go-to to get the ‘correct’ answers for it? Obviously it’ll be a few months.
Just so you all know, if you come back in 6 months to interview again, you are much more likely to get it on it second try.
Cool thanks, is your guys' oral for the type ride in a written format or traditional in person
Quote: Cool thanks, is your guys' oral for the type ride in a written format or traditional in person
Traditional. I don't remember if it's one on one or if you do it with your sim partner but it's oral exam

We have a lot of really good guys in the training dept
Quote: Traditional. I don't remember if it's one on one or if you do it with your sim partner but it's oral exam

We have a lot of really good guys in the training dept
Teamed up with your partner if you hold ATP already, solo if you don’t. Sequence has been Indoc, ground, some tests in class, CBTs. Then a few days (or couple weeks) off before FTDs. About a week long, then the type oral at the end of that. Checkride after a few weeks of sims (8 before the actual ride). You’ll be split up for that, each do the checkride with a captain in the left seat. Then LOFT, and you’re done. My actual footprint was 2 months long, IOE is all over the place.
278  328  368  374  375  376  377  378  379  380  381  382  388  428 
Page 378 of 451
Go to