No Degree

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  18 
Page 8 of 20
Go to
Quote: Ive never heard of a pilot getting a masters to enhance his resume.
I know several.
Quote: Anyone here have a masters? Regional FO here looking to start mine this summer, hopefully help my resume go up the stack.
Quote: I have a masters, got the hogan 2 months after graduation and 6 months after an app review. Either one or both could have triggered it.
I have a masters (4.0 gpa) and an undergrad from a well received university (3.1 gpa). I've had two professional app reviews.

This was three years ago.

Don't have LCA, but have involvement in safety, mentoring, heavy international time (2000 hours), active volunteer fire fighter, volunteer with veterans, union positions (P2P), etc.

Multiple job fairs.

Update every week.

Six internals.

Still waiting for a call. Working every angle I can find. Still hopeful.
Quote: I know several.

you know several pilots who got their masters in order to improve their resume?

Really?

Or did they get the masters because they were interested in that field but then startred flying.

Big difference.
Quote: you know several pilots who got their masters in order to improve their resume?

Really?

Or did they get the masters because they were interested in that field but then startred flying.

Big difference.
I know several who go it to improve their resume. And by several I mean over a dozen.
Quote: you know several pilots who got their masters in order to improve their resume?

Really?

Big difference.
That’s the only reason I got my masters. It seemed to help.
I’ll let those replies speak for themselves.
Quote: More than ever before.

Can’t show up on time, can’t take direction or critique of any kind, can’t put down their phones. Stuff like that.
But they have that piece of paper so they must be Awesome.

I don’t doubt there’s a number of people out there without a degree who would show up on time, can fly the s#!t out of an airplane, are good to hang with on the road, and be thirilled to have the job!
Lots of folks interested in masters for life after age 65. I guess it enhances resume.
Quote: But they have that piece of paper so they must be Awesome.

I don’t doubt there’s a number of people out there without a degree who would show up on time, can fly the s#!t out of an airplane, are good to hang with on the road, and be thirilled to have the job!
No doubt about it. One of these days you should write a strongly worded letter to all of the CEO’s at all of the major airlines that require a four year degree and let them know how you feel.
That's just, like, your opinion man

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  18 
Page 8 of 20
Go to