Upgrade Times by Base and Equipment

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 12
Go to
Quote: Is seniority for BOI ERJ Captains expected to go down? 4-5 years is a lot of seniority when it seems people are starting to go to the majors at 3 years. I want to build as much PIC turbine as possible as quickly as possible, but also want BOI for QOL.
Because SLC is growing on the ERJ big time this fall.. There are SLC guys that commute to BOI right now. So i would say yes. It will drop.. Ask again in October I bet by then things will be more transparent...
Quote: 3 years? Let me guess, a recruiter told you that.
Ding ding ding!
Yes, people are starting to go to the majors at 3 years, but they are the exception, not the norm. Way more people are leaving at 4+ years.
Quote: Yes, people are starting to go to the majors at 3 years, but they are the exception, not the norm. Way more people are leaving at 4+ years.
I would guess the average is more like 7-8 years.
Don’t only a small percentage of those 7-8 year guys end up at AA vs other major/legacy carriers? From those I’ve talked to it seems to be heavy on the DAL, UAL, and SWA side.
Quote: Don’t only a small percentage of those 7-8 year guys end up at AA vs other major/legacy carriers? From those I’ve talked to it seems to be heavy on the DAL, UAL, and SWA side.
Yes. Filler.
Quote: 3 years? Let me guess, a recruiter told you that.
When people tell me they'll be at Delta in a year.

New bid MSP is 10 months from DOH now for MSP..
Quote: New bid MSP is 10 months from DOH now for MSP..
Wow. It's crazy to think a January new-hire could be into March before actually flying the plane, then go to upgrade in November. You'd have MSP-based captains who had never even been through a deicing process.
Quote: Wow. It's crazy to think a January new-hire could be into March before actually flying the plane, then go to upgrade in November. You'd have MSP-based captains who had never even been through a deicing process.
They've been through the deice process. This is MN after all, and I think the last deice I did was in late April :-) That aside, they also had experience at another regional prior to joining SkyWest.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 12
Go to