Fume Events

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16 
Page 6 of 23
Go to
Quote: Ironically they sent out an email tonight saying odors and fumes are normal at all airlines and that they aren’t harmful. So you should be good.
Yeah, right, okay, sure.
Quote: Ironically they sent out an email tonight saying odors and fumes are normal at all airlines and that they aren’t harmful. So you should be good.
"As we’ve shared in the past, exposure to these odors/fumes are not considered harmful, and though they may cause sensitivities in some, they are no more than one would experience while commuting in a vehicle or on mass transit to and from work. "

Not considered harmful by WHOM? Last time I got on the subway I remember them pumping atomized industrial lubricant into the tunnels. Oh, wait, its electric and there are no such fumes. Also, a smell is different from fumes.

I wish they would just fix the issue instead of further opening themselves to future liability.
Quote: "As we’ve shared in the past, exposure to these odors/fumes are not considered harmful, and though they may cause sensitivities in some, they are no more than one would experience while commuting in a vehicle or on mass transit to and from work. "

Not considered harmful by WHOM? Last time I got on the subway I remember them pumping atomized industrial lubricant into the tunnels. Oh, wait, its electric and there are no such fumes. Also, a smell is different from fumes.

I wish they would just fix the issue instead of further opening themselves to future liability.
I’d guess the issue is that they can’t fix it without costing a ton of money.
Quote: I’d guess the issue is that they can’t fix it without costing a ton of money.
Or, they can't fix it without admitting there is a problem, opening themselves up to the legal liability of knowingly hiding the danger to passengers and crew for years and years and years...
So it is worth bidding to the 190. How does one fly the 320 and just accept this if it is true?
Quote: So it is worth bidding to the 190. How does one fly the 320 and just accept this if it is true?
Plenty of old bus guys who have flown it for a long time and are fine. A lot of people don’t want the schedule/work/layovers/pay of the 190. Or don’t believe fumes are an issue. Or put on the mask as soon as they smell it. Or hope they aren’t affected long term.
Quote: That’s it’s complete BS
Dario, is that you??
Quote: Plenty of old bus guys who have flown it for a long time and are fine. A lot of people don’t want the schedule/work/layovers/pay of the 190. Or don’t believe fumes are an issue. Or put on the mask as soon as they smell it. Or hope they aren’t affected long term.
Agree. I have one hand on my O2 mask at all times.

I'm only half-kidding.
Quote: Agree. I have one hand on my O2 mask at all times.

I'm only half-kidding.
Bluedriver, how long have you been on the bus and have you ever experienced this issue?
Quote: Bluedriver, how long have you been on the bus and have you ever experienced this issue?
Years, and 100.2% yes.
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16 
Page 6 of 23
Go to