Opportunity Cost - AA vs UAL?

Subscribe
11  17  18  19  20  21  22  23 
Page 21 of 23
Go to
Quote: The culture is far from Toxic at UA, in fact I think it’s the best it’s ever been. again I think that was an AA thing. The AA culture has been toxic since the 90s. US wasn’t much better and the AWA merger made that worse.

Again I don’t think it was driven by Kirby. I get why you all hate on him but Iv seen nothing but good since he has been at UA.
I agree. I’m jealous of the UA culture. I think Oscar was a big key in that. Kirby is a smart dude but I hope he doesn’t kill the culture with “bottom line only” thinking.
Quote: I agree. I’m jealous of the UA culture. I think Oscar was a big key in that. Kirby is a smart dude but I hope he doesn’t kill the culture with “bottom line only” thinking.
I agree Oscar is the reason for the massive culture change at UA. I hope Kirby learned from him. Also Oscar will be head of the Board so if he remains engaged from that perspective Kirby will still need to watch what he does or the board will replace him.

Iv seen Kirby speak several times and says the right things.....but you and I both know what that is worth.
Kirby does dress up like Ke$ha though. While insisting he needs 81 seat RJs. Time will tell.
And yes, I am ashamed I know how to stylize “Ke$ha”.
As a UAL pilot I’ll say two things:

1. 5 years in at AA and thinking of jumping ship? Nuts. I love it here but wouldn’t give up 5 years of AA seniority to come here. No way. JetBlue, Frontier, Spirit, Allegiant; even SWA maybe but not AA. I think within 5 years AA will be a completely different place and my bet is you all will be happy. Airlines cycle at the top. Delta has had their day in the sun but I’m seeing signs of things over there getting all “Gummed”up next year. UAL is doing the right things and absent a recession, I see our airline rising but nothing will last forever and AA could very well climb above us in 5 years. Look at where we were 5 years ago!

2. Kirby is a smart network guy and that is what UAL needed in a terribly bad way. We already had hubs in great markets and wide bodies with tons of wide body orders. We just needed a mind that could connect the dots and put them to use where they maximized profit. Some of us were surprised to see 777s going to Florida and all over our domestic network this year but it has worked. He drove the decisions to add used narrow body aircraft and has put us in a position to take a ton of MAXs over the next 5 years with 321s coming as well. I’ll give him some slack for a while.
I left UAL for aa. 900+ retirements per year cant be beat. Ual has airport standby, always converting lc to sc, commuter clause sucks compared to aa, can only drop to 50hrs at ual and its megabase is SFO so unless you live on the west coast forget about it.

Not digging on ual, just showing that aa isnt near as bad as aa guys think it is. Plus no hat at AA. Now let me go back to figuring out what to spend my profit sharing on this year: tube socks or underwear.
Quote: I left UAL for aa. 900+ retirements per year cant be beat. Ual has airport standby, always converting lc to sc, commuter clause sucks compared to aa, can only drop to 50hrs at ual and its megabase is SFO so unless you live on the west coast forget about it.

Not digging on ual, just showing that aa isnt near as bad as aa guys think it is. Plus no hat at AA. Now let me go back to figuring out what to spend my profit sharing on this year: tube socks or underwear.
Uhhh, SFO is a junior base, not a mega base. More pilots based in ORD/IAH/EWR than SFO and if my Atlas is still believable, none of those domiciles are on the Weat Coast. Denver is growing and IAD is growing as well. Not larger than SFO but getting junior. LAX/GUM/CLE stagnant
You people and your “facts”. You are right, sorry. How about mega vacancy base which would make LGA our mega vacancy base
Quote: As of right now, if you are a young guy or gal with less than five years seniority at AA and are offered a UAL or DAL class, you need to consider going.
This does not make sense.
Quote: The culture is far from Toxic at UA, in fact I think it’s the best it’s ever been. again I think that was an AA thing. The AA culture has been toxic since the 90s. US wasn’t much better and the AWA merger made that worse.

Again I don’t think it was driven by Kirby. I get why you all hate on him but Iv seen nothing but good since he has been at UA.
1. Oscar is in charge as of now and 2. wait for the scope busting fear bombs once Kirby is at the helm.
11  17  18  19  20  21  22  23 
Page 21 of 23
Go to