ULCC or American?

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17 
Page 13 of 22
Go to
Quote: We do four day trips as well, and also include transcons i.e BWI to SMF.

My point is is that the revenue generated by a 737 vs an EMB-145 just isn’t the same.
So wait, having 160 seats generates more revenue than only having 50? Mind blown.
Quote: Probably one of the most inaccurate arguments I have ever heard, and it's surprising how much mainline pilots blindly believe it. The disparity is often more than 100%.

First year CA pay on the A319 (128 seats): $255/hour = $2 per seat
First year CA pay on the E175 (76 seats): $76/hour = $1 per seat

Run that "Proportionate" math by me one more time. It gets even more ridiculous if you compare FO seats and higher productivity of regional pilots.

Regional pilot subsidize mainline pilot wages. It's a Ponzi scheme.
$255 / 180 seats = $1.41 per seat
$86 / 50 seats = $1.72 per seat.

Thats what I made back in the day to fly the E145. Most are getting over $100 now. Further, I flew the 37 seat version making my per seat $2.32.
Then factor in they paid us 200% on open time. So I was getting $4.64 per seat.

We all can play math games....

Quote:
We all can play math games....

Let’s do it by takeoff and landing...
I'd go with American. Crazy seniority movement coming up, NB/WB, international/domestic. And again, that seniority!
Wonder what the responses will be after this fiasco.
Quote: Wonder what the responses will be after this fiasco.
Retirements won't change.
Quote: Retirements won't change.
Bingo... filler
Quote: Wonder what the responses will be after this fiasco.
I'm guessing... "ULCC or American...what were ULCC's again, I remember reading about them in history class".
Quote: Retirements won't change.
Depending on the rebound, this seems like a prime time for the legacy airlines to snuff out competition. Both ULCCs will tell you they are designed to compete in tough economic conditions, but I don’t think we’ve seen a situation where demand falls AND the price of fuel falls. CASM is going to drop like a rock at the legacy airlines, while having a war chest of cash and the ability to park paid off aircraft. You combine that with the retirements effectively taking care of workforce reduction, the ULCC’s may actually be in trouble.

Being at an ULCC, I am a little more than alarmed at this point.
Quote: Depending on the rebound, this seems like a prime time for the legacy airlines to snuff out competition. Both ULCCs will tell you they are designed to compete in tough economic conditions, but I don’t think we’ve seen a situation where demand falls AND the price of fuel falls. CASM is going to drop like a rock at the legacy airlines, while having a war chest of cash and the ability to park paid off aircraft. You combine that with the retirements effectively taking care of workforce reduction, the ULCC’s may actually be in trouble.

Being at an ULCC, I am a little more than alarmed at this point.
hopefully all will be alright for all. Nobody saw this one coming.
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17 
Page 13 of 22
Go to