Initial A220 bid

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  22 
Page 12 of 23
Go to
Happy New Year!

The A220 has finally arrived! Predictions on how low the bid will go for both seats? How many A220s expected to arrive this year?
Quote: Happy New Year!

The A220 has finally arrived! Predictions on how low the bid will go for both seats? How many A220s expected to arrive this year?
I hear the CA side went really senior. Like low one thousands for the plug.

As of now, 7 a220s in 2021 and 8 in 2022. And 5 NEOs plus 3 LRs for 2021.
Quote: I hear the CA side went really senior. Like low one thousands for the plug.

As of now, 7 a220s in 2021 and 8 in 2022. And 5 NEOs plus 3 LRs for 2021.
Thats surprising to hear. Unless there are those that don’t know you can put in a percentage bid.

Either way, having two fleets with comparable pay rates is good for everyone vs the Airbus/190 disparity we have now.
Assume you guys get paid the same on the 220. Senior guys might just want to do turns and such.
Quote: Assume you guys get paid the same on the 220. Senior guys might just want to do turns and such.
The 220 is roughly $10 less an hour than the 320. And people can want to do just turns, but with as senior as it went and small as the number of 220 pilots will be for 2021 and 2022, that likely won’t be possible for the vast majority of them. They would be better off on the 190 if they want to do turns, or probably even 320 until more show up. The thing is this bid was a blind bid with zero knowledge of trip types, destinations, relative seniority, etc. There are a lot of senior BOS guys thinking they’d be more senior on the 220 than the 320, which is likely to be the case eventually, but with such a small/early contingent, I don’t think that will be the case this go round. Or even the next. It will take a while to build up and play out. I’m betting a lot of these guys would be better off in the bus...at least the bottom 25% of the 220 bid, if what I heard about how senior it went was accurate.
Quote: The 220 is roughly $10 less an hour than the 320. And people can want to do just turns, but with as senior as it went and small as the number of 220 pilots will be for 2021 and 2022, that likely won’t be possible for the vast majority of them. They would be better off on the 190 if they want to do turns, or probably even 320 until more show up. The thing is this bid was a blind bid with zero knowledge of trip types, destinations, relative seniority, etc. There are a lot of senior BOS guys thinking they’d be more senior on the 220 than the 320, which is likely to be the case eventually, but with such a small/early contingent, I don’t think that will be the case this go round. Or even the next. It will take a while to build up and play out. I’m betting a lot of these guys would be better off in the bus...at least the bottom 25% of the 220 bid, if what I heard about how senior it went was accurate.
How senior are we talking? What about the FO side?
Quote: How senior are we talking? What about the FO side?
I heard it barely went into the thousands. No idea on the FO side...haven’t heard a thing.
Quote: I heard it barely went into the thousands. No idea on the FO side...haven’t heard a thing.
that’s just crazy stupid. The bottom guy will be on rsv more then they have in their career here.
Quote: I heard it barely went into the thousands. No idea on the FO side...haven’t heard a thing.
soooooo you just happen to get the CA bid award possibility from someone but not the FO bid award from them?

fake news bro.

1-4100 number in both seats.
I heard CA plug went 1500-1600.
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  22 
Page 12 of 23
Go to