787 getting Premium Pay Trips

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 10
Go to
I disagree with that in this current environment.

Any Thoughts ???
Quote: I disagree with that in this current environment.

Any Thoughts ???
why? We haven’t furloughed anybody and every single 787 is flying every single day.
I only disagree with the fact that we don’t have enough pilots to staff the 787 trips and that there are pilots that have lapsed for landings etc. Good for the 787 pilots for having these opportunities. On the other end of the spectrum, we have a ton of 737 pilots that have gone months without touching an airplane. While I miss my normal credit hour paycheck, I’m enjoying living in base and having a lot of time at home.
I saw a PP trip on the triple out of ORD last week too.

If scheduling can’t get the trip covered with reserves, what would you have them do?
Quote: I saw a PP trip on the triple out of ORD last week too.

If scheduling can’t get the trip covered with reserves, what would you have them do?
stop displacing them?
Quote: stop displacing them?
though I get what your saying technically we are +600on the 787 after the bid closed.....
Quote: I disagree with that in this current environment.

Any Thoughts ???
Never ceases to amaze me; that there are apparently educated professionals who complain when someone else gets a good deal, at no cost to another.

Reminds me of my kids when they were 2. Brother got a bigger cookie...waaaaaaa😭

Please , post your number so we can call and get permission to pick up a trip next time.
yeah. And those Guam dudes still get a $3K stipend on top of their full pay to the last day.... even though most have went non qual for landings and are just on a tropical vacation. MFs.
Not whining,,, I just asked for thoughts (opinions) - not attacks or insults. Opinions are just that - not how it should be. Open dialogue - Agree to Disagree - Respect others. Things you obviously don't get.

A couple of premium pay 787 trips could possibly offset a job or two of a Gate Agent, a new hire FA, or a Line job. You see I think about other people and not just myself. So it could possibly be to the cost of another. Just not another pilot. It's not like we aren't well paid already.

Lastly, if the goal is to minimize cash burn - then minimize cash burn. But I'm only interested in two-way thoughtful, respectfull dialogue. So please excuse yourself from this one.

Thanks for the other thoughtful responses - I can see it from some of those points as well.
Quote: Not whining,,, I just asked for thoughts (opinions) - not attacks or insults. Opinions are just that - not how it should be. Open dialogue - Agree to Disagree - Respect others. Things you obviously don't get.

A couple of premium pay 787 trips could possibly offset a job or two of a Gate Agent, a new hire FA, or a Line job. You see I think about other people and not just myself. So it could possibly be to the cost of another. Just not another pilot. It's not like we aren't well paid already.

Lastly, if the goal is to minimize cash burn - then minimize cash burn. But I'm only interested in two-way thoughtful, respectfull dialogue. So please excuse yourself from this one.

Thanks for the other thoughtful responses - I can see it from some of those points as well.
we are trying to make money flying cargo. If we cancel we get penalized which could wipe out an entire days worth of meager profits and on top of it we still have to get the cargo there.

that premium pay may hurt but it’s cheaper than the alternative. If you are worried about everyone’s job then don’t worry about how we are making money. If it is contractually compliant then bring it on.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 10
Go to