TSA Numbers

Subscribe
94  144  184  190  191  192  193  194  195  196  197  198  204  244 
Page 194 of 261
Go to
Quote: Oh.. How do you explain a Standford peer review study just happening to come out 2 days ago saying lock downs don't work? We got a vaccine quicker than the study. Lol. 1 week ago NY governor "finally" comes to the conclusion that they "have" to reopen? Bro, if you don't see politics involved in this, then your eyes are closed. I'm an independent for the last 20 years that is socially down the middle and fiscally right of the farthest right person you can dream of. This is as clear as the blue sky what's happening.
Didn’t EXACTLY say that lockdowns don’t work. It said that severe lockdowns don’t work noticeably better than less severe recommendations for social distancing. That’s an important distinction though, lost on idiots who claim “If we had only had everyone lockdown for two weeks simultaneously this would all be over by now.”

EVERYONE of 330 million people locking down simultaneously is statistically impossible. We couldn’t even get the small percentage of people recommending that policy to follow it themselves, far less the millions of others. It’s every bit as naive a suggestion as, “Let them eat cake...”
Quote: Which ones?
The smart ones. Because absent a viable economy, we are all screwed.

Quote: Which ones?
Theres that one in the Northeast US who had a stunning philosophy reversal last week. Can’t think of their name right now.

The smart ones? They enacted those policies months ago.

I love the The Far Side. Generations of younger folks will never appreciate Gary Larson’s pragmatic observations of life.
Quote: I love the The Far Side. Generations of younger folks will never appreciate Gary Larson’s pragmatic observations of life.
Just a couple weeks ago, I had a young colleague tell me something like “There this really cool website that shows and comments on these comics.” (as though it was some sort of ‘new’ hidden gem). And then shows me one he thought I’d like and it was The Far Side. Until that point, I hadn’t thought about The Far Side in YEARS. I used to LOVE The Far Side.

This sent me in research mode. Larson retired in the mid ‘90s while I was busy in college (I’m sure most familiar with The Far Side already knew this) and I didn’t notice and eventually I forgot about him. BUT, he has a website (I don’t think it’s the website this young man was visiting though as I got the impression he was looking at some third party site). Larson posts a few of his oldies every day there and occasionally new content.

https://www.thefarside.com/
Quote: Just a couple weeks ago, I had a young colleague tell me something like “There this really cool website that shows and comments on these comics.” (as though it was some sort of ‘new’ hidden gem). And then shows me one he thought I’d like and it was The Far Side. Until that point, I hadn’t thought about The Far Side in YEARS. I used to LOVE The Far Side.

This sent me in research mode. Larson retired in the mid ‘90s while I was busy in college (I’m sure most familiar with The Far Side already knew this) and I didn’t notice and eventually I forgot about him. BUT, he has a website (I don’t think it’s the website this young man was visiting though as I got the impression he was looking at some third party site). Larson posts a few of his oldies every day there and occasionally new content.

https://www.thefarside.com/
Maybe The Far Side is how we bring sanity back to this county. If everyone received a Far Side desk calendar for the holidays, this country could find a lot more common ground.

Seriously.
Quote: Maybe The Far Side is how we bring sanity back to this county. If everyone received a Far Side desk calendar for the holidays, this country could find a lot more common ground.

Seriously.
I certainly wouldn’t hurt. Or it could just be Cow Tools.
Quote: Didn’t EXACTLY say that lockdowns don’t work. It said that severe lockdowns don’t work noticeably better than less severe recommendations for social distancing. That’s an important distinction though, lost on idiots who claim “If we had only had everyone lockdown for two weeks simultaneously this would all be over by now.”

EVERYONE of 330 million people locking down simultaneously is statistically impossible. We couldn’t even get the small percentage of people recommending that policy to follow it themselves, far less the millions of others. It’s every bit as naive a suggestion as, “Let them eat cake...”
That wouldn't work because of the rest of the world... unless we also perfectly and permanently sealed our borders A perfect, global lockdown wouldn't even work because a few people somewhere would have lingering cases due to compromised immune systems or just bad genes, and apparently it only takes on person to start it all over again.

There is one and only totally successful lockdown...

Quote: That wouldn't work because of the rest of the world... unless we also perfectly and permanently sealed our borders A perfect, global lockdown wouldn't even work because a few people somewhere would have lingering cases due to compromised immune systems or just bad genes, and apparently it only takes on person to start it all over again.

There is one and only totally successful lockdown...

What does the nonrev list look like?
Quote: What does the nonrev list look like?
I’m listed for the jump seat.
Quote: I’m listed for the jump seat.
Don't jump. It’s a long way down.
94  144  184  190  191  192  193  194  195  196  197  198  204  244 
Page 194 of 261
Go to