Mesa issues warn notice to pilots

Subscribe
73  123  163  169  170  171  172  173  174  175 
Page 173 of 175
Go to
Quote: wasn’t it always “at the discretion of the company and ALPA”??

cant they agree to keep it in place
That's kinda what they did over here at OO. Our not-a-union made an MOU for 6 months, then the not-a-union unanimously agreed upon and announced they extended it for another 6 months. Not here to debate dubious effectiveness of temporary agreements at any company, but there's literally nothing to stop them from going "oh things still suck, so, we're doing it again." I'm curious to see how people like JetBlue do next year (i.e. will they furlough, snap back, or extend).
Quote: That's kinda what they did over here at OO. Our not-a-union made an MOU for 6 months, then the not-a-union unanimously agreed upon and announced they extended it for another 6 months. Not here to debate dubious effectiveness of temporary agreements at any company, but there's literally nothing to stop them from going "oh things still suck, so, we're doing it again." I'm curious to see how people like JetBlue do next year (i.e. will they furlough, snap back, or extend).
You guys still offering 40ish hours for LOA's?
Quote: wasn’t it always “at the discretion of the company and ALPA”??

cant they agree to keep it in place
The MOU ends at the end of the month. Ask your rep, he'll back that up.
Lines that come out soon all have min 76 hours also.
Quote: The MOU ends at the end of the month. Ask your rep, he'll back that up.
Lines that come out soon all have min 76 hours also.
Wasn’t max 120? I expect some higher credit lines.
Quote: Wasn’t max 120? I expect some higher credit lines.
Wouldn't surprise me, there always some who get high credit every time.
Quote: That's kinda what they did over here at OO. Our not-a-union made an MOU for 6 months, then the not-a-union unanimously agreed upon and announced they extended it for another 6 months. Not here to debate dubious effectiveness of temporary agreements at any company, but there's literally nothing to stop them from going "oh things still suck, so, we're doing it again." I'm curious to see how people like JetBlue do next year (i.e. will they furlough, snap back, or extend).
I'm I'm afraid Breeze will be used to "Whipsaw" my buddies at Blue
Quote: I'm I'm afraid Breeze will be used to "Whipsaw" my buddies at Blue
And how exactly do you think that will happen?
Quote: the same way any whipsaw works... they hold Breeze over their heads and threaten to reduce pay, give up QOL or give the flying to Breeze
That’s called competition. Jet Blue and Breeze are free to compete for revenue since they are stand alone entities. The regionals are subcontractors who are totally dependent on the legacies for their existence. Jet Blue and Breeze can freely compete for the same market as the legacies and LCC’s, while the regionals can be played against each other by the parent company since they can’t.
Which kinda makes you wonder why there is only an appetite for anti-dumping duties and not anti-dumping laws for general domestic business.
Quote: Which kinda makes you wonder why there is only an appetite for anti-dumping duties and not anti-dumping laws for general domestic business.
Not at all. It’s not “dumping” just because you don’t like the pay rates. That’s just competition. There’s simply no need for a startup like Breeze to pay anything more than even what Mesa is paying, tbh. We’ve got a historic glut of pilots on the street (or soon to be on the street). There’s literally a cottage recruitment scheme for hiring furloughed pilots to drive delivery vans and semis. It’s awful but that’s the way it is. Blame Covid, not “management.”
73  123  163  169  170  171  172  173  174  175 
Page 173 of 175
Go to