Jet It

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 10
Go to
Quote: Looks like a pilot with his very first jet job response or it’s a management pilot new to corporate aviation. Hell, could be both. Last time I flew to Boca this month, it was BCT, not BOC.

Interesting post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh oh… someone need a BM?
Hope most JetIt pilots are a little sharper than these guys

https://youtu.be/y7tSw910pyE
Quote: Hope most JetIt pilots are a little sharper than these guys

https://youtu.be/y7tSw910pyE
Unfortunately he’s the average jet it pilot….. we have MUCH worse
What's the training bond for a non-typed new PIC?
Are all flights crewed with two pilots?
What is the best part of Jet It and the worst?
How many pilots and active aircraft?
Quote: What's the training bond for a non-typed new PIC?
It's been a year, but yes 2 pilots. Best, growth of company. Worst constant lies and kicking the can down the road. "8/6" schedule was actually 10/5 more often then not. Max duty day every day pretty much. I was still tired when it was time to start my next 8 on.

No idea on staffing at this point.
Quote: What's the training bond for a non-typed new PIC?
If you value your pilots certificate, DO NOT GO THERE
Quote: If you value your pilots certificate, DO NOT GO THERE
It wasn't quite that bad when I left but I can't say it wasn't headed there. Some moron taxied into a gpu right after I left. I'm not surprised.
Quote: It wasn't quite that bad when I left but I can't say it wasn't headed there. Some moron taxied into a gpu right after I left. I'm not surprised.
That’s considered light to all the other stories that have been happening
Quote: That’s considered light to all the other stories that have been happening
Yikes. Glad I escaped then. Of course I was probably one of 2 people willing to say "no" to anyone there. Lots of shenanigans, typical 135/91k.

I'll never forget "we do everything part 135 because it's the safest and most restrictive". A few weeks later I can't get into a short runway... Well, we can do this flight part 91 so the extra stopping distance doesn't apply today.

Or flight planning and I can't find a legal alternate that I can make it to on a leg and the chief (who isn't there anymore) tells me I can file to a destination I don't have fuel to make it to with a legal alternate there and just divert somewhere else that's convenient. In his words, "there's the law and there's what we do". Glad I was recording all the calls with the company at that point.

The DO called me up one day and told me there was no reason I couldn't do tamiami to teb. I emailed him the flight plan and the part where we can't put that much fuel in the airplane and he says, "well you have to try".... Uhhhh no. I don't. So we dispatched like I planned with a stop in ilm.

None of this surprised me after the stories I heard from people who flew with the CEO who was landing with the low fuel alarm going off like no big deal.

I was pretty impressed they never augered one in whole I was there.

My first day, I get in the jet and the guy I'm flying with turns to me and says, everything is done, checklists are all completed and just started taxiing...
Quote: Yikes. Glad I escaped then. Of course I was probably one of 2 people willing to say "no" to anyone there. Lots of shenanigans, typical 135/91k.

I'll never forget "we do everything part 135 because it's the safest and most restrictive". A few weeks later I can't get into a short runway... Well, we can do this flight part 91 so the extra stopping distance doesn't apply today.

Or flight planning and I can't find a legal alternate that I can make it to on a leg and the chief (who isn't there anymore) tells me I can file to a destination I don't have fuel to make it to with a legal alternate there and just divert somewhere else that's convenient. In his words, "there's the law and there's what we do". Glad I was recording all the calls with the company at that point.

The DO called me up one day and told me there was no reason I couldn't do tamiami to teb. I emailed him the flight plan and the part where we can't put that much fuel in the airplane and he says, "well you have to try".... Uhhhh no. I don't. So we dispatched like I planned with a stop in ilm.

None of this surprised me after the stories I heard from people who flew with the CEO who was landing with the low fuel alarm going off like no big deal.

I was pretty impressed they never augered one in whole I was there.

My first day, I get in the jet and the guy I'm flying with turns to me and says, everything is done, checklists are all completed and just started taxiing...

Yep, sounds about right. Unfortunately things have gotten much worse.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 10
Go to