30 Million Americans Vaccinated In 25 Days

Subscribe
33  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  53  93 
Page 43 of 118
Go to
Quote: I am still hoping as more and more people get vaccinated, and the medical community gains more confidence in its efficacy, that there will be some type of identification program so those with immunity, can ditch the masks and go back to normal lives.
And considering that “having it” apparently gives at least the same amount of protection, that we get to ditch the mask as well.
Quote: I am still hoping as more and more people get vaccinated, and the medical community gains more confidence in its efficacy, that there will be some type of identification program so those with immunity, can ditch the masks and go back to normal lives.
To paraphrase George Orwell, "the virus isn't meant to be cured; it's meant to be continuous."

A5S
On the bright side, masks are ending the Millennial Mumbling problem in the service industry.

Gotta' sound off like you have a pair to be heard through the face diaper.

As a crotchety oldster who's gone on way too many walkarounds without hearing protection (then huddled under the APU for warmth), I can appreciate a loud waiter/waitress/server/WTF-do-we-call-these-people(?), I kind of like it.
Quote: To paraphrase George Orwell, "the virus isn't meant to be cured; it's meant to be continuous."

A5S
please expand on what you are talking about. In what way are we tripping into an Orwellian event? How are masks being used in a negative way?
30 Million Americans Vaccinated In 25 Days
No official update from the CDC but Bloomberg puts it at another 2.1 million over the last 2 days.

I guess it will be pretty easy for Biden to make his 100 million in 100 days. All he has to do is sit on his hands and let the plan continue to roll out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: please expand on what you are talking about. In what way are we tripping into an Orwellian event? How are masks being used in a negative way?
My comment was to the "back to normal lives" portion of the post, not masks per se.

How much longer will the governors of states continue to execute their "emergency" powers? As an example, my state senator and assemblyman -- our elected representatives -- have zero input into the executive decrees dictating which businesses can operate, how they may operate, and at what capacity. It sure makes "governing" easy; the whole messiness of law making just kind of goes away.

To whom do citizens address grievances? Most lawmakers in my state do not even find out about new penalties, fines, or directives until after the media reports what his royal highness and his high court have decided what is best for us. I guess maybe after the W.H.O. declares the pandemic officially over. Maybe? But what about COVID-21 or COVID-22, or the new variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus that, of course, requires extension of emergency powers?

These are rhetorical in nature, but Rahm Emmanuel's quote seemed to sum it up succinctly.

Rant over.

A5S
Quote: No official update from the CDC but Bloomberg puts it at another 2.1 million over the last 2 days.

I guess it will be pretty easy for Biden to make his 100 million in 100 days. All he has to do is sit on his hands and let the plan continue to roll out.
I read somewhere the actual goal is more like 2 million plus a day. Seems realistic seeing how man power and logistics are still ramping up...
Quote: This is a incorrect statement. It’s possible to get covid after a vaccine but before full antibody production. In that case you could spread it. It’s also possible to get covid even with the vaccine and spread it but the numbers look really good. Once you have full antibody protection the likelihood of getting and spreading covid is very low to virtually nil once you reach full antibody levels.
The above perception is driven by the press saying people vaccinated can still spread it. They omit that they mean people who were exposed to covid just before or after getting the vaccine.
The vax is to lesson the effect. Has nothing to do with the contagion R value.
Quote: lol, I couldn’t have picked a better person to bite on that one. Try the veal, I’m here all night
You don't readz to well do ya?

I kept it simple for you and yet it's another swing and a miss for your gnat brain comprehension.
33  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  53  93 
Page 43 of 118
Go to