Bankruptcy

Subscribe
View Poll Results: Will AA declare bankruptcy?
Yes
70.65%
No
29.35%
Voters: 310. You may not vote on this poll
50  90  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  110  150 
Page 100 of 154
Go to
Quote: Take the class date at AA, jump over to DL when you get that class date if you so choose.

Staying at a regional would be idiotic.
This right here!!!
Quote: No. Just curious if those numbers give anyone pause. I have a class date coming up soon. Also a CJO over at DL but with metering, who knows how long that will take. Currently really senior at a big (biggest?) regional. Its a lot to consider
‘Dude, I’ll bounce for AA. You can always make the lateral move to DL once you get a class date. At least by taking the AA class date, you will now be in position to choose..
Quote: No. Just curious if those numbers give anyone pause. I have a class date coming up soon. Also a CJO over at DL but with metering, who knows how long that will take. Currently really senior at a big (biggest?) regional. Its a lot to consider
​​​​​​​Never Pass Up A Class Date.

Also, when you call DL to update your profile, and tell them you no longer work for SKW and left to go to AA, you'll probably get a DL class date ASAP.
Delta may seem really neat and all that rosy stuff and I am sure it is heaven on earth working for them, but take a good look at your seniority progression there versus AA. Delta has hired a lot more pilots than AA in the last few years and you will have a lot less people above you retiring.
Also, where do you live? Def take the first class to give you a seniority number but then consider how the commute (or no commute) will be? A lot of moving parts, but rule one, dont give up a day of seniority if you can help it!

Mongo
C09C2A02-5001-49E4-8919-055F612B06C5.jpg
I came on property a month ago, the getting is good. I don’t think DL comes anywhere close in terms of progression

What if you’re in an AA base (non-Delta base), with an AA class date and a Delta interview a month out. Do you even bother going to the Delta interview or just cancel it? I’m leaning towards the latter. Any reasons why I should still go to the interview?
Quote: What if you’re in an AA base (non-Delta base), with an AA class date and a Delta interview a month out. Do you even bother going to the Delta interview or just cancel it? I’m leaning towards the latter. Any reasons why I should still go to the interview?
Cancel the interview and save yourself the stress. Not sure why anybody would want to be a commuter with how horrible travel has become. Packed airports and packed flights.
Quote: What if you’re in an AA base (non-Delta base), with an AA class date and a Delta interview a month out. Do you even bother going to the Delta interview or just cancel it? I’m leaning towards the latter. Any reasons why I should still go to the interview?
Any ties to Delta? Zero intention of moving? Go with AA.
Quote: I came on property a month ago, the getting is good. I don’t think DL comes anywhere close in terms of progression
I was due to flow within a few months and still chose to leave for another legacy.

-Easier commute with Delta.
-Way better contract.
-Better pay.
-Much better work rules.
-Union representation that isn’t a dumpster fire.
-Healthier company with better profitability.

AA has much more seniority movement over the next 5 years but when you look out over the term of a 25 year career they aren’t much different (for me).
50  90  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  110  150 
Page 100 of 154
Go to