Prepare Yourselves... 2021 AEs

Subscribe
155  205  245  251  252  253  254  255  256  257  258  259  265  305  355 
Page 255 of 397
Go to
Quote: Always have a mandatory displacement bid in, there's no reason no to. I just got an award and already have my MD updated. Just be sure you don't do the voluntary displacement in like a buddy did...
Done. It took a while to get them all in, but as you said, it is peace of mind. I’m at 7000ish and hope to ride the NYC7ERA category until it is gone and then slide into the 765 eventually. Long shot I know, but crazier things just happened.
Quote: Tunes, you’re an ER instructor right? Any crystal ball insights or random dart throws on when a new ER captain might train? Figure it won’t be anytime soon, but wondering if this fall or next year is the more likely outcome.

Indeed. As for the question, your guess is as good as mine sorry. We aren’t backed up right now, that’s about all I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: gotcha. I apologize. Didn’t realize it was post China virus only...
I am a ‘14 hire. Did my first TOE to Accra in Jan 2015, pre covid.
Quote: Indeed. As for the question, your guess is as good as mine sorry. We aren’t backed up right now, that’s about all I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Copy, thanks for the response. If you get me for IQ be gentle!
So - category freezes. I know you can't take an AE, and obviously an MD is an MD, but what about VDs? Can you take a VD while under a category freeze?
Quote: So - category freezes. I know you can't take an AE, and obviously an MD is an MD, but what about VDs? Can you take a VD while under a category freeze?
Yup....see 22.A.7.c.
Quote: Im guessing reasons it went so junior are mostly because over time it will be phased out. Coupled with some ugly flying for the low end guys and gals and that may be it.
So I'm a pretty young new hire, live in SLC. I'm 85 or so from bottom. Missed SLC by one or so, went with a dream bid of 7ER out of LAX and got it. Seems a lot of people complain about the flying as you said. I haven't flown in over 1 year, coming from junior line as a regional captain. What's the issue with the "ugly" flying as said? Is it the overnight length and red eyes? This will be my first airplane at Delta and from the trips I see this will be a huge QOL boost from my previous flying (pre-pandemic). But I don't know what I don't know. I do understand someones trash is another man's treasure and don't want to fall in the habits of a new pilot falling for the shiny jet syndrome and such. I guess I'll see but still the flying I've seen and expect doesn't seem too horrible to me. Not enough for me to regret my bid. Even with the dying fleet thing.... Unless we expect that to be a dramatic changing in 2 years, but based on the bid it feels like that's not the case.

And I'll be off the fleet and on the 320 back home in SLC before I see the end days or 7ER or dwindling days. Maybe my optimism on that? I've read this thread on the bad trips and looked them up in open time and such. I just still don't see some of the bad or ugly flying. But my perspective of commuting to NYC220 vs LAX7ER seems like a huge QOL improvement and furthermore excitement for trips/work.
Quote: Yup....see 22.A.7.c.
Thanks for the info!
I was a bottomfeeder on the ER for the first 2 years here at Delta.

The "Bad" ER flying was still pretty good.

That said, a lot of it wasn't commutable, and I have flown ONCE since COVID went into full stupid mode.

Currently out on Mil Leave considering going back to the ER, but if the RJ schedule to NYC out of ORF doesn't get better, may just go NB ATL.
Quote: I was a bottomfeeder on the ER for the first 2 years here at Delta.

The "Bad" ER flying was still pretty good.

That said, a lot of it wasn't commutable, and I have flown ONCE since COVID went into full stupid mode.

Currently out on Mil Leave considering going back to the ER, but if the RJ schedule to NYC out of ORF doesn't get better, may just go NB ATL.
It's whatever you make of it. I love the "bad" flying.
155  205  245  251  252  253  254  255  256  257  258  259  265  305  355 
Page 255 of 397
Go to