Information for the New Hires

Subscribe
15  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  35 
Page 25 of 40
Go to
There wasn’t anything wild or strange about gojetfires post IMO. I don’t know if it will happen but soft landings and quick upgrades aren’t really out of left field.

The bigger issue i see is skywest needing to open an East cost mx base or two if OO started flying the 550.
Information for the New Hires
Quote: There wasn’t anything wild or strange about gojetfires post IMO. I don’t know if it will happen but soft landings and quick upgrades aren’t really out of left field.

The bigger issue i see is skywest needing to open an East cost mx base or two if OO started flying the 550.

Aren’t most of the 550s flying out of ORD?
We have Nashville MX now. I bet they could handle it.

Again, assuming any of this happens.
I’m guessing 550s stay leased out (per CC previous comments)… to gojet or someone else, it doesn’t matter.
OO has bigger fish to deal with the adding of 45 ERJ and 20 700’s in the next 12 months.. and attrition is steady at 90-100 a month. Thats enough to deal with. OO already owns the majority of the AC GoJet flys. And they started a leasing business to make it successful not pull the aircraft back to OO.. They would most likely lease them to Air Wisconsin or commute air before flying the aircraft themselves…
Quote: Aren’t most of the 550s flying out of ORD?

I’m guessing 550s stay leased out (per CC previous comments)… to gojet or someone else, it doesn’t matter.
Actually in the next year majority of the 550 flying will be out of EWR
Not to contradict amcnd, but to add to his thoughts:
Might it be helpful to Skw to fly a few of the 550 so that they have increased flexibility to take in and lease out 550s/700s?

United wants out of the 200s but that gives them the advantage of being outside of scope.

Looking forward to thoughts about this.
Quote: Not to contradict amcnd, but to add to his thoughts:
Might it be helpful to Skw to fly a few of the 550 so that they have increased flexibility to take in and lease out 550s/700s?

United wants out of the 200s but that gives them the advantage of being outside of scope.

Looking forward to thoughts about this.

Skywest doesn’t want anything to do with the 550s.

Leasing them out to GoJet makes them a lot of money. And they love that. I’m sure United has already asked Skywest to give up there 700s to GoJet to convert them to 550s. And in return more 175s for them. It’s just a matter of time.

Unfortunately all the Aviate partners. Including AW, C5 and G7 are bleeding. Especially after Americans retention bonuses they just announced with their WO.

I’m sure something is currently in the works.

G7 is already offering 200-300% pay this month for flying. You got FOs already crediting 190+ hours this month.
Quote: Aren’t most of the 550s flying out of ORD?

I don’t believe it, OO will probably never fly the 550. CRJ CA buddy just got an email awarding him ERJ transition later in the Fall. If I recall they had no bid open for transition for the October awards, but it looks like that’s about to change for November/December. If they had any plans on taking over more CRJ’s I doubt they’d be transitioning junior CRJ CA’s.
Quote: Skywest doesn’t want anything to do with the 550s.

Leasing them out to GoJet makes them a lot of money. And they love that. I’m sure United has already asked Skywest to give up there 700s to GoJet to convert them to 550s. And in return more 175s for them. It’s just a matter of time.

Unfortunately all the Aviate partners. Including AW, C5 and G7 are bleeding. Especially after Americans retention bonuses they just announced with their WO.

I’m sure something is currently in the works.

G7 is already offering 200-300% pay this month for flying. You got FOs already crediting 190+ hours this month.
St. George won’t get any money if Hulas can’t pay the bills
Quote: I don’t believe it, OO will probably never fly the 550. CRJ CA buddy just got an email awarding him ERJ transition later in the Fall.
Not saying that this isn't accurate but I have gone through the awarded upgrades since 8/26 and there aren't any CRJ CA - ERJ CA awards.. That's the path that I am hoping to take so I've been watching it closely.
Quote: Not saying that this isn't accurate but I have gone through the awarded upgrades since 8/26 and there aren't any CRJ CA - ERJ CA awards.. That's the path that I am hoping to take so I've been watching it closely.
I think November classes will have CRJ-ERJ openings… from what i saw of the class calendar a few months back.
15  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  35 
Page 25 of 40
Go to