DL Hiring: New Process

Subscribe
194  244  284  290  291  292  293  294  295  296  297  298  304  344  394 
Page 294 of 505
Go to
Could anyone on here who left 91/135/91k to Delta tell me about your experience? Did it work out for the better? Were you happy with the decision? Was leaving your fixed schedule with no commute worth it? How is scheduling flexibility being Junior?
Quote: Could anyone on here who left 91/135/91k to Delta tell me about your experience? Did it work out for the better? Were you happy with the decision? Was leaving your fixed schedule with no commute worth it? How is scheduling flexibility being Junior?
I left FlexJet to come here. Granted, we didn't have a fixed schedule like NetJets or some others. The money is far better here, to include retirement benefits even under current contract. The workload difference is noticeable. Your schedule doesn't change constantly so you can plan workouts or meals on overnights. I was working max days and min rest rotations constantly. Schedules suck here now but nowhere near that bad.

The bad: work gets monotonous and the planes are't as fun to fly as a sporty private jet. Also passengers can be a pain on occasion.

Conclusion: I feel like I made the right choice and never looked back*
*I chose to move and live in base. It works for me. YMMV.
Quote: I left FlexJet to come here. Granted, we didn't have a fixed schedule like NetJets or some others. The money is far better here, to include retirement benefits even under current contract. The workload difference is noticeable. Your schedule doesn't change constantly so you can plan workouts or meals on overnights. I was working max days and min rest rotations constantly. Schedules suck here now but nowhere near that bad.

The bad: work gets monotonous and the planes are't as fun to fly as a sporty private jet. Also passengers can be a pain on occasion.

Conclusion: I feel like I made the right choice and never looked back*
*I chose to move and live in base. It works for me. YMMV.
lol if you’re dealing with the passengers you’re doing it wrong.
Quote: lol if you’re dealing with the passengers you’re doing it wrong.
I could be sitting in the flight deck minding my own business and someone else dealing with an unruly passenger and delaying pushback could mess with a commute home.
Quote: I could be sitting in the flight deck minding my own business and someone else dealing with an unruly passenger and delaying pushback could mess with a commute home.
Well that's true, but I know some people who do corporate/charter flying and there are definitely customer issues there too...
Quote: Well that's true, but I know some people who do corporate/charter flying and there are definitely customer issues there too...
I flew 91/135 as well. You're right, but I've had more problems with pax on the 121. Purely anecdotal
Newest class date offers? Last time I’ve seen was a bit ago for a mid July CJO and mid November class date… anything newer than that?
Quote: lol if you’re dealing with the passengers you’re doing it wrong.

Three hour deadhead middle seat in coach. If there’s a way to not deal with the passengers I’d love to know the secret!
Quote: Three hour deadhead middle seat in coach. If there’s a way to not deal with the passengers I’d love to know the secret!
I think he meant while operating.
Quote: Three hour deadhead middle seat in coach. If there’s a way to not deal with the passengers I’d love to know the secret!
Bid the 717. We never have flights that long.
194  244  284  290  291  292  293  294  295  296  297  298  304  344  394 
Page 294 of 505
Go to