DL Hiring: New Process

Subscribe
218  268  308  314  315  316  317  318  319  320  321  322  328  368  418 
Page 318 of 503
Go to
Quote: Question, I got a fix it email saying to fix one little thing with the addendum (DOT drug testing) an hour after I changed my employment to WN from OO. Does the fix it email mean they are actually looking at my app or that was an automated thing that the system automatically scans for?
When I interviewed they said they comb through applicants by hand. I’m sure there is some automation but they made it seem like they do a lot of manual review of applicants FWIW.
Quote: When I interviewed they said they comb through applicants by hand. I’m sure there is some automation but they made it seem like they do a lot of manual review of applicants FWIW.
I gotcha. I realize reading into it too much can drive someone nuts, but it's possible that means they like the rest of the app or else they wouldn't waste time sending that sort of email? Or it generally means absolutely nothing?
Quote: When I interviewed they said they comb through applicants by hand. I’m sure there is some automation but they made it seem like they do a lot of manual review of applicants FWIW.
Gotcha. So is it something I should read into or it's probably just something they send out to anyone they find an issue with?
Quote: Who does Delta use for background checks / employment verification? Im in my mid 40's and grew up as the say "economically disadvantaged". I hustled my ass off (never broke the law beyond speeding citations) and have done ok for myself. The problem is I don't have a clue how to name all the people and companies I have worked for since I graduated high school. I have had I think 3 speeding tickets; but really Im not sure. I haven't had any citations in 20+years and every drivers license check I can do shows up clean. How do you find this stuff? I want to disclose it, but, how in the world do I find this information? I figured I will just get a background report from whoever Delta uses and build my application that way?

Do all of you who are old like me really only have 3-5 employers since High School?

STP
In a previous life I went through the hiring process with a state police agency. I used the Social Security Administration to pull all my previous employment. It’s a hassle because I had to do it in person at a SSA office but they were able to provide a list of every employer I’d had. Obviously won’t help with “cash” work.
Quote: Question, I got a fix it email saying to fix one little thing with the addendum (DOT drug testing) an hour after I changed my employment to WN from OO. Does the fix it email mean they are actually looking at my app or that was an automated thing that the system automatically scans for?
Looks like you got the same fix it I got. Haven’t heard anything since so we’re probably
In the same boat. What ever that is.
Quote: Looks like you got the same fix it I got. Haven’t heard anything since so we’re probably
In the same boat. What ever that is.
If you hear something try and lmk and I'll do the same. My guess is it's just a typical thing and to not read into it, but kinda hard not to.
Quote: Who does Delta use for background checks / employment verification? Im in my mid 40's and grew up as the say "economically disadvantaged". I hustled my ass off (never broke the law beyond speeding citations) and have done ok for myself. The problem is I don't have a clue how to name all the people and companies I have worked for since I graduated high school. I have had I think 3 speeding tickets; but really Im not sure. I haven't had any citations in 20+years and every drivers license check I can do shows up clean. How do you find this stuff? I want to disclose it, but, how in the world do I find this information? I figured I will just get a background report from whoever Delta uses and build my application that way?

Do all of you who are old like me really only have 3-5 employers since High School?

STP
Delta looks back 10 years and uses Cisive for their background check. For the tickets, list the best approximate dates and in the remarks just say “Exact date unknown.” If they are truly interested they will call you and it’ll be something they ask you about during the interview to clarify.
Quote: If you hear something try and lmk and I'll do the same. My guess is it's just a typical thing and to not read into it, but kinda hard not to.
Will do. And good luck!
Has anyone recently got the CJO and then a couple hours later get the PARB email over a few "flagged" psych test questions? My CJO is now being further reviewed. Thanks.
Quote: Has anyone recently got the CJO and then a couple hours later get the PARB email over a few "flagged" psych test questions? My CJO is now being further reviewed. Thanks.
Happens all the time. 90+% of people who go through the PARB retain their CJO. It's a huge stress, no doubt, but within a couple of weeks you will very likely get the "all clear" email. Search PARB here, and there is a ton of info about it.

Good Luck.
218  268  308  314  315  316  317  318  319  320  321  322  328  368  418 
Page 318 of 503
Go to