Which regional to pick ?

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 12 of 14
Go to
Quote: Next question: has anyone with an E-3 actually flowed to mainline?
Hahahaha, I loved how he tried to avoid the question posed. Everyone knew what you asked.
Quote: Hahahaha, I loved how he tried to avoid the question posed. Everyone knew what you asked.
Sorry, I didn’t reference the original post, just saw that one question. I don’t have any knowledge on the E3 stuff.
I wish I get to see the ALPA exit survey, then you get to rank regionals based on who goes where.
Quote: Yes, current projection is 5 years. I’m sure this will change.
I've been at PSA for 5.5 years, and have at least a year and a half left to flow. The 5 year flow they're advertising is absolute nonsense.
Quote: Next question: has anyone with an E-3 actually flowed to mainline?
Yes, after getting a green card. Start that process as soon as you can.
Quote: Yes, after getting a green card. Start that process as soon as you can.
This is why no-one should listen to legal advice on APC. This advice right there can get you deported.
There is no legal "process" to start, E-3 does not allow direct pathway to a green card, and trying to adjust status may end up in a determination of your Immigration Intent which is illegal on E-3.

Unless the "process" you mean is opening a Tinder account.
Quote: Yes, after getting a green card. Start that process as soon as you can.
So the actual answer is still "no" then.

I want to know if AA will actually take someone through the flow who has an E-3 visa and their number has come up to flow to mainline. I doubt they will. Not a green card, and getting a green card isn't as easy as "starting the process." There is a lottery every year that requires a bit of luck

Quote: This is why no-one should listen to legal advice on APC. This advice right there can get you deported.
There is no legal "process" to start, E-3 does not allow direct pathway to a green card, and trying to adjust status may end up in a determination of your Immigration Intent which is illegal on E-3.

Unless the "process" you mean is opening a Tinder account.
What? lol. There's a lottery every year for Green Cards. Multiple E-3 visa holding Aussie Pilots have gotten their green card through the lottery, it's not easy but it's 100% doable and legal. The E-3 doesn't allow direct pathway to green card, but it doesn't forbid it either.
Quote: So the actual answer is still "no" then.

I want to know if AA will actually take someone through the flow who has an E-3 visa and their number has come up to flow to mainline. I doubt they will. Not a green card, and getting a green card isn't as easy as "starting the process." There is a lottery every year that requires a bit of luck

What? lol. There's a lottery every year for Green Cards. Multiple E-3 visa holding Aussie Pilots have gotten their green card through the lottery, it's not easy but it's 100% doable and legal. The E-3 doesn't allow direct pathway to green card, but it doesn't forbid it either.
Exactly. Immigration via Green Card is not incumbent on having a certain work visa of various types (although having some work visa, E-3, H1B, etc helps).
Quote:
Lol at yourself. Yes you can put your name in the hat, but chances are miniscule. The "lottery' as you call it, that is really known as the Diversity Visa Program, has over 10k applicants from Australia per year, and usually around 100-200 approvals. Since you clearly do not know how the USCIS works, I am just going to say this again - there is no legal pathway from E-3 to Green Card, apart from very few exceptions. There is no "process" to start(unless you call buying a lottery ticket a "process" to become rich), you can just put your name in the hat and hope for the best. The only ways for legal AOS are DV and I-485 through marriage, and with that one you need to prove a non-immigrant intent.

If you "start the process" (as in, file an I-485) unless your case is solid, you will be deported.
Quote: Exactly. Immigration via Green Card is not incumbent on having a certain work visa of various types (although having some work visa, E-3, H1B, etc helps).
This makes no sense whatsoever. E-3 has nothing to do with your chance of getting a green card, except it can be a reason why they deport you after you attempt an AOS.
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 12 of 14
Go to